Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: What's the rarest game you own?

by Stark Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 pm

alienjesus wrote:Each of them is its own game. They both play similarly to Links Awakening, although I personally slightly prefer these games to that one. Oracle of Ages is my favourite portable zelda game.

Sounds great! I adore Link's Awakening.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
GrouchoGlasses
16-bit

by GrouchoGlasses Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:19 am

A current gen rarity question...

With the copyright changes on some of the Marvel/Activision games-Spider-man Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time, Deadpool, Wolverine, and Web of Shadows, are we going to see that same rarity of Ultimate Alliance's Gold Edition?

Or are enough copies circulating in the wild that collecting the Marvel games will be a bit easier to track down?
JoeAwesome
128-bit

by JoeAwesome Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:46 am

GrouchoGlasses wrote:A current gen rarity question...

With the copyright changes on some of the Marvel/Activision games-Spider-man Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time, Deadpool, Wolverine, and Web of Shadows, are we going to see that same rarity of Ultimate Alliance's Gold Edition?

Or are enough copies circulating in the wild that collecting the Marvel games will be a bit easier to track down?

It's the inclusion of DLC and possibly a lower print run that make the Gold Edition sought after.
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:56 pm

JoeAwesome wrote:
GrouchoGlasses wrote:A current gen rarity question...

It's the inclusion of DLC and possibly a lower print run that make the Gold Edition sought after.

It is precisely the DLC on disc, that makes MUA2 and it's ilk so valuable. Do NOT fall for the trap of all second-hand sellers jacking up the price of the normal MUA2 games tot he gold edition prices (especially 360/ps3). They will try to tell you that PSN still has DLC, what they aren't telling you is PSN only has the COMPATIBILITY packs (to display characters) for game owners playing online with someone who already has the DLC! No actual DLC packs are available on any online format afaik.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
GrouchoGlasses
16-bit

by GrouchoGlasses Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 pm

You're right, Cha Cha. The MUA2 DLC has since been removed from XBLA and PSN. Luckily, we can still download it if we were fortunate enough to snag a copy when available.

Anyhoo, not to derail this topic anymore, it looks like I can add my Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold as a rarer title I own!
Casey120
24-bit

by Casey120 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Not really rare but still nice :

Harmful Park/Gaia Seed for the PSX
Doremi fantasy cib for SF
Battle Garegga/Armed Police Batrider/Battle Bakraid Jamma Full Kits
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Either the Vectrex 3d Imager or Vs Baseball.
exonerator
16-bit

by exonerator Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Off the top of my head:
Action 52 (NES)
Wacky Races (NES)
Gas Hog (Atari 2600)
amontre

by amontre Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:17 pm

MSX2's Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Rarest would probably be one of my Limited Run games since - as the company's name suggests - they're printed in extremely limited numbers. Excluding those, however, I'd imagine it's one of my Vectrex games since the console didn't sell well. Maybe an unlicensed game like Super Noah's Ark 3D or Tengen Tetris.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater