What's the rarest game you own?

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: What's the rarest game you own?

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Phades wrote:My rarest game would probably be my Nightmare in the Dark cart for Neo-Geo MVS. It's precious to me.

Yeah, I want one of those. The game seems fun.
Phades
64-bit

Post by Phades »

Stark wrote:
Phades wrote:It's precious to me.

Exactly what I was going for :)
XBL: Phades
PSN: Phades
Steam: Phades
GirlGamer55
64-bit

Post by GirlGamer55 »

idk if I ever said it here but I think my rarest game would have to be Kirby's Dream Land, I have the Chinese version. While normally I wouldn't think it was rare, it turns out it is because there's tons of pirate copies of this version and I end up having the real version. I got it when I was little at a Gamestop of all places...go figure.

Other then that, nothing since I don't own "rare" games. Can't afford them, can't find em, so on and so forth.
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Post by TheSegaSaturnGuy »

I have 2; Castlevania: SOTN for Saturn, and a CIB copy.of Menace Beach for NES that I found at a yard sale for $.50 :)
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

GirlGamer55 wrote:Chinese version.

GirlGamer55 wrote:Real version.

I don't know—
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

There are legitimate Chinese versions of games. Dunno how to tell them apart from bootlegs though. This stuff isn't well-documented on the internet, at least not in a language I can understand.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:There are legitimate Chinese versions of games. Dunno how to tell them apart from bootlegs though. This stuff isn't well-documented on the internet, at least not in a language I can understand.

True, but as far as I'm aware, Kirby's Dreamland wasn't released officially in China. I don't really know of any officially released "Chinese versions" of any game, though. Usually they're Hong Kong/Asia releases, from what I've seen.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Yeah you're right, I'm thinking of Hong Kong.

(Guess I was thinking of the Chinese language, not China itself)
Last edited by BoneSnapDeez on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GirlGamer55
64-bit

Post by GirlGamer55 »

pierrot wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:There are legitimate Chinese versions of games. Dunno how to tell them apart from bootlegs though. This stuff isn't well-documented on the internet, at least not in a language I can understand.

True, but as far as I'm aware, Kirby's Dreamland wasn't released officially in China. I don't really know of any officially released "Chinese versions" of any game, though. Usually they're Hong Kong/Asia releases, from what I've seen.

I'm going off of the serial numbers...at least thats what I think their called. Also the label which yes can be faked but this one seems real.

I'm 89% sure that it's a real one. And that's good enough for me because if it was fake then all I have is shit that everyone else has and thus nothing rare at all which would make me even more depressed about my collection....I have issues, don't provoke me.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I looked around on the web and saw no official releases of Kirby's Dreamland. i saw several good looking pirate carts, though. (Atleast that's what some posts said the cart was, including the OP)

Edit: The real carts I saw were Hong Kong or Taiwan.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread