Never seen this before - v nice Street Fighter Stick

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Never seen this before - v nice Street Fighter Stick

Post by baphomet_irl »

I was searching for Street Fighter wallpapers and I came across this stick:

looks yummy IMO

ive never seen anything by Nubytech before though - are they good?

when I went to their website (www.nubytech.com) , I also saw a Street Fighter II gamepad that basically
looks like a Saturn gamepad for a PS2 - there's even a nice wireless version of it
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

thats one nice looking arcade stick..what console is it for ?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

VERY nice! Looks kinda familiar, but would like to see more information as well!
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

thats for PS2 and also available for XboX I think

I couldnt find anyway to buy it though - I think its not out till Christmas

check out the gamepads here:

http://www.streetfightercontroller.com/
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

I have a set of these sticks. They've got a dual plug on the end so that they can be used for either the PS2 or Xbox, there's not seperate versions. They also come in a kickin' box and with a mammoth poster. They're pretty high quality for something out of Nuby, I can see why they got the license, but I'd recommend some MAS sticks though. Those still reign surpreme.

baphomet_irl wrote:I also saw a Street Fighter II gamepad that basically
looks like a Saturn gamepad for a PS2 - there's even a nice wireless version of it

I have these too. They're not like the Anniversary stick in that one can be used on both the PS2 and Xbox, you have to get 'em seperately. And some of these were sold exclusively out of Blockbuster. They're also a much smoother D-pad than the Saturn pad, but I wouldn't recommend them over the stick. I can't understand why anyone interested in playing SF with a good controller wouldn't go for a stick -- there's some things that no pad, even the Saturn's, can do.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

is there anywhere online they can be bought ye think?

Ive got their SCII stick btw (i didnt realise it was made by them)

I have it with XboX, PS2 and GC connections all on same wire - but tbh I cant bring myself to play the SFA Anthology
with it, because it feels way mushier r sumthin than my DC stick - does that SFII stick have that proper crisp, clicking feel
that the DC stick has? - also is it square or octagonal gate?

baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

SegaVega wrote: I can't understand why anyone interested in playing SF with a good controller wouldn't go for a stick -- there's some things that no pad, even the Saturn's, can do.

I have to agree with you there, I play my gamepad's buttons like a stick anyway - i.e. i rest it on my knee and press from above (not with my thumb in otherwards)

I basically want a pad so people cant blame the DC's shitty default D-pad when I force em to play me ;)
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

SegaVega wrote: I can't understand why anyone interested in playing SF with a good controller wouldn't go for a stick -- there's some things that no pad, even the Saturn's, can do.

Because I lose when I use a stick and I win when I use a gamepad. That simple. Some things in life just don't work for everyone.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

Mozgus wrote:

Because I lose when I use a stick and I win when I use a gamepad. That simple. Some things in life just don't work for everyone.

you're also probably far less likely to get repetitive strain on your right hand with a pad too...
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

baphomet_irl wrote:you're also probably far less likely to get repetitive strain on your right hand with a pad too...

Well, my right hand using a stick is fine, both in terms of health and gameplay effectiveness. I just can't do a damn movement using a stick, ever. Doing a damn super jump in GGX fails every 9/10 attempts. Running is the same. Don't even expect me to do a freakin' fireball. It's not happening. It makes no sense to me because a stick requires more movement than a pad does, and more movement means slower response. I'd rather move my thumb, instead of my entire arm, because my thumb is going to do the job twice as fast.

I hope none of that sounds as sexual to you all as it did to me. :oops: