My novelty controllers.

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
NeoTechni
24-bit

Re: My novelty controllers. (UPDATED! 1/07/2010)

Post by NeoTechni »

300! Gesus, that kicks our collective arses.

I'd love to see a list.
Also, the onimusha sword can be found for like $80 (before shipping) in some places
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

Post by sharkiegamer777 »

I will see if I can take some photos maybe over the weekend. I don’t have much space so there will be more photos and they will be crowded. What’s a good free image host you guys use? Photo bucket or another one? Haven’t really needed to host any images before. Will have to look into it.

Crux, that’s a nice number of games you have. And to be honest in the beginning, I started buying controllers I would use, and then it got to the point where I couldn’t say I wasn’t collecting. After that I just went wild and bought any controller that interested me, even those I didn’t have the console for.

I only have PC, PS1, PS2, Xbox and GC systems at the moment. I also have an N64, but no physical games for it - only some N64 roms on my PC (I have N64 controllers though). I want to get a Dreamcast next, but have been waiting for a nice collection to come up on eBay. My fav platform would defiantly have to be PC though. As of today I have a total of 1442 games across the 5 platforms. 1000 of which are PC Games, so you can tell that’s my favorite platform :D Although this total does not include my DOS games (I haven’t counted those yet).

My game totals are: PC – 1000, PS1 – 106, PS2 – 273, Xbox – 52, GC – 11

So, yeah, I have heaps more games than controllers; but I really find controllers interesting and when you get down to using the controllers, you find some make the games harder and some make them easier, and of course some controllers are more visually appealing than useful.

I would post a list, but my list is not quite complete as I need to sort out some of my Gamepads, joysticks and Light Guns. There are some mixed up in different draws and boxes and need to be added to my list. It would be nice to have some master shots of my collection, although I’ll probably shock myself :shock: how much I have actually got when put together, as you don’t noticed quantity so much when it’s packed up.
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

I only have 388 games across 18 systems...

As for image hosting, photobucket is good.
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

I finished some work early so decided to take a few photos - more will come.

starting from top left to right:

Gamester FPS Master (Xbox), Gamester FPS Master (PS2), Nostromo P45 Analog controller with Stabilzer Bar (PS2), SpaceTec SpaceOrb 360 (PC), Ultra Racer (PS1), Fanatec Speedster Wireless Twist N' Turn Controller (PS2), joGcon (PS1), Gamester Pro Racer (PS1/PS2), neGcon (PS1), ASCII Resident Evil Pad (PS1), Sankyo Pachinko Controller FF (Saturn), Airpad Motion Reflex Controller (PS1), Commander Super JoyPad Controller (PS1), Densya De Go Controller (PS1)

RealPlay Racing Handheld Wheel (PS2), RealPlay Golf Mini Club (PS2), Seaman Seamic (PS2), RealPlay Puzzlesphere (PS2), RealPlay Pool Cue (PS2), ASCII Grip (PS1), ASCII Grip V2 (PS1/PS2), Bass Fishing Rod (PS1), 4Gamers Fishing Rod (PS2), TopWay Fishing Rod (Xbox), Xbox Halo 2 Edition Communicator Headset (Xbox)

Sony Analog Joystick (PS1), Hori Flight Stick 2R (PS2), Hori Compact Analog Joystick (PS1), RailDriver (PC)

This is just a start - if I have time I will take a few more pics tomorrow and post them.
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

sharkiegamer777 wrote:You guys have awesome collections

Thanks! I added what you've posted so far to my other collectors page.

sharkiegamer777 wrote: I sometimes even buy the controller then search for the game that supports it.

I've done that. Onimusha for example.

sharkiegamer777 wrote:NeoTechni - I have seen your website - awesome site.

Thanks, appreciate it.

sharkiegamer777 wrote: I have been meaning to get the Onimusha 3 Soul Katana Sword, but have not been able to fit it into my budget yet with the postage cost and all,

http://www.amazon.com/Onimusha-Katana-S ... B0006UZ9X2

8 new from $24.97 25 used from $0.01 O_O

sharkiegamer777 wrote:Oh, and all those wondering about the Gametrak - I have the 1st gen version for PS2 and it is great. The 2 golf games get a bit boring after a while, but Dark Wind is pretty cool. Dark Wind is a fighting/magic game. Like Tekken or Street Fighter but with you physically punching/blocking and also doing magic moves. So if you get the Gametrak with Dark Wind it wouldn't have to be considered a sporting controller.

Hmm, I'll have to look in on that
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

Here are some more photos - still lots more to follow.

Rainbow Six 3 Headset (Xbox), SOCOM Headset (PS2), SOCOM II Headset (PS2), SOCOM 3 Headset (PS2), SOCOM: Combined Assault Headset (PS2), Xbox Live Communicator Headset (Xbox), Logitech Cordless Headset (Xbox), Stero Sensational Headset (Xbox 360), Codemasters MTV Music Generator 2 Sampler Kit [Includes USB Adapter, Sampler Cable & Microphone] (PS2), Odama Microphone & Clip (GC), Logitech SING IT! Microphone (PS2), Music Mixer Microphone (Xbox), 2 SingStar Microphones & Adapter (PS2), Xbox 360 Live Headset (Xbox 360), Sidewinder Game Voice Adapter (PC)

Gamester Evolution Motion Control System (PC), Reality Quest Rumble Vest (PS1), Gamester Evolution Motion Control System (PS1), Reality Quest Glove (N64), Reality Quest Glove (PS1), Ghost Recon Headset (PS2), P5 Glove (PC)

Madcatz Handheld Racing Wheel (PS1/PS2), Novint Falcon with Pistol Grip (PC), Monster Gecko Pistol Mouse FPS (PC), Sony PS2 USB Keyboard & Mouse (PS2), Sony Mouse (PS1), Competition PRO Mouse (PS1), Radica Snowboarder (PLAY TV), SplitFish EdgeFX (PS2), QuickShot Flight Grip 2 (NES), Specialized ASCiiPad (PS1), GameMaster Gamepad - Grey (PS1), ASUS Eee Stick (PC), GameMaster Gamepad - Black (PS1)

Beeshu Zoomer (Commodore/Atari), Team Williams F1 Racing Wheel & Pedals (Xbox), CH Products Virtual Pilot Pro Flight Yoke (PC), QuickShot Aviator (PC), CH products USB Pro Rudder Pedals (PC)

More photos coming soon.

And NeoTechni, thanks for the Amazon link to the Onimusha sword - will have to check it out - sometimes Amazon sellers have outrageous international shipping prices. But will cross my fingers and hope at least one of them has a decent shipping price.

Although at the moment I have spent most of my budget on another 2 guitar controllers and a couple of awesome looking light guns - can't wait till they arrive. :D
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

The site emailed me and said someone updated this thread but I see no changes...

crux wrote:I almost didn't include the Otomedius stick, because the pad is barely used in the game and doesn't work well at that, but it's certainly unique and otherwise the stick is arcade quality. I switched the ball of the joystick to pink, since it just seemed to fit better than the blue one included. I tried to switch the joystick entirely to Seimitsu, but the Sanwa plate was welded in.

How do you get the ball off? I tried just unscrewing it to no avail.
crux
128-bit

Post by crux »

How are you unscrewing it? There's a piece of plastic over the stick that spins freely, independent of stick and ball. If you're holding onto that and spinning the ball, the ball will spin the entire stick. You have to hold onto the stick itself and unscrew the ball. Since the stick uses a spring, you should be able to pull up on the ball of the stick to see what I mean. Worst comes to worst, you can open it up and take apart the entire stick to get access to it. The only part that cannot be easily removed is the plate, which is welded on.
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

Thanks!

I was going over my chart, and I remembered you mentioning you have the Beatmania thingie for Wonderswan, which WS is it? A B&E or a color?

Also, I recommend japamart.com for japanese imports. I'm finding things to be cheaper/easier to find than ebay
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

As a note, the Famicom 3D system is about $150 on ebay, but about $15 on Yahoo japan.

In case you wanted it.