My novelty controllers.

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

Re: My novelty controllers. (UPDATED! 1/07/2010)

Post by sharkiegamer777 »

Finally got around to taking some more photos. I've been very busy lately.

Again, there are still more photos to come...

Diablo Lamborghini Wheel & Pedals (PS1/PS2), MadCatz MC2 Wheel & Pedals (PS1/PS2/Xbox/GC), Thrustmaster Challenge 2 Wheel (GC), X-Logic Wheel (PS2), Race Wheel Pedals (?)

Pelican StingRay Turbo Shock Wheel, E-Brake/Gear Shifter & Pedals (PS1), InterAct V3 FX Racing Wheel & Pedals (PS1), Naki Rocker Wheel 2.5e (PS1/PS2), Naki Gamepad - Transparent (PS1), Microsoft Freestyle Pro Gamepad (PC), VCD Movie Card Add-On (PS1), Nintendo ripoff Gamepad (PC), Fanatec Speedster Pure Wheel & Pedals (PS1/PS2), Honey Bee Series III Gamepad (Genesis), Sega Gamepad (Genesis?), Nyko Airflow Analog Gamepad (PC)

Self MOTTO Wheel & Pedals (Ps1/PS2/Xbox), Thrustmaster 360 Spider Racing Wheel with Knee Top System (PS2), MadCatz Duel Force Wheel & Pedals (With Wheel Cover) (PS1), Thrustmaster Joystick (PC), QuickJoy M-5 Joystick (PC), Sega Gamepad (Mega Drive), Creative Gamepad (PC), Super Cobra Action pad (SNES), Generic Joystick (PC), Futuretronics Mini Wheel (Xbox), RockFire Star Traveler (PC), Microsoft SideWinder Game Pad Pro (PC), MegaPad (Audiovox Portable DVD Player), White Gamepad with Blue buttons (?), Sega Gamepad (Master System), Gravis Gamepad (Sega platform??), Gravis PC Gamepad (PC)

Fanatec Speedster 3 Force Shock Wheel & Pedals with Table Clamp (Xbox), Logitech Speed Force Wheel, Pedals and Knee Top System (GC)

Logitech G25 Racing Wheel, 6 Speed Gear Shifter & Pedals (PC/PS2/PS3), Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel & Pedals (PC)

Thrustmaster Forumla T2 Wheel & Pedals (PC), Thrustmaster Grandprix1 Wheel (PC), ASCII Hyper Stering Wheel 64 (N64), Halo Edition Xbox S-Type Gamepad (Xbox), Futuretronics Wireless Xbox S-Type Gamepad (Xbox), Xbox Duke Gamepad (Xbox), Xbox S-Type Gamepad (Xbox), Osmart Wireless Xbox S-Type Gamepad (Xbox) Logitech Precision Gamepad - Black (Xbox), DragonBox Xbox S-Type Gamepad (Xbox), PowerWave Urban Warfare 360 Style Gamepad (Xbox), PowerWave Pimped 360 Style Gamepad (Xbox), Orange N64 Gamepad (N64), PowerWave Pimped Analog Gamepad (PS2), GameEquip Blue Light Analog Gamepad (PS2), Ferrari 360 Modena Analog Gamepad (PS2), Sony Dual Shock 2 Analog Gamepad - Blue (PS2), Sony Dual Shock 2 Analog Gamepad - Silver (PS2), Sony Dual Shock 2 Analog Gamepad - Black (PS2), GameInis Analog Gamepad (PS2), PowerWave Analog Gamepad - White (PS2) ProGamer Analog Gamepad – Black/Silver (PS2), Sony Analog Gamepad – Blue Trans (PS1)

EA Sports SSX Board (PlayTV), Sony Analog Gamepad – Grey (PS1), Sony Analog Gamepad – Transparent (PS1), Sony PSOne Analog Gamepad - White (PS1), Sony Controller - White (PS1), Gamester Sports Board (PS1/PS2), Sony Controller - Grey (PS1), Sony Controller - Black (PS1), Wild Things Gamepad - Black (PS1), Xbox 360 Analog Controller (Xbox 360/PC), Intec GameCube Controller (GC), GameCube Controller (GC)

ASCII Specilized Joystick (PS1), Street Fighter IV Wrestle Joystick (PC/PS1/PS2/PS3), Namco Arcade Stick (PS1), Nyko Joystick/Arcade Stick (PS1/PS2), Quickshot Devestator (PS1), Power Shock PS Fight Pad Arcade Stick (PS1/PS2), InterAct Pro Shock Silver Arcade Stick (PS1), Sony Multi-Tap (PS1), Buzz Buzzers [Version 2] (PS2), Hori Grip (PS1), Wonderstick Hyper Programmable 10 in 1 Arcade Stick (PS1/Saturn), Hori Jogdial (PS1), Buzz Buzzers [Version 1] (PS2), Contour ShuttlePro V1 (PC)

I will be trying to take some more photos soon. I'll probably do Joysticks and Rhythm Controllers next.

Its a big job this... You don't realize how big a collection you have until you have to photograph it...

And NeoTechni, Do you use Amazon a lot for buying controllers? I have really only used it for books and DVDs. I was always worried about the set price and postage, because of Amazon's standard rates. I would assume you get good shipping rates? Its harder for me being in Australia - I so wish there was an Australian Amazon... That would make it a lot easier for bigger bulkier items.

And do you find Yahoo Japan Auctions to be quite good? Like in service, communications between you and the seller etc? I have had a couple of quick looks at the controllers on there and there seems to be quite a few at really good prices. Will most sellers ship out of Japan? And can you read the Japanese description or do you use a translator like google? I am just curious at the moment. In the past, I have always stuck to eBay.
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

Sega Gamepad (Genesis?)

Connector looks like a saturn from here

Gravis Gamepad (Sega platform??)

Connector looks like Genesis

You don't realize how big a collection you have until you have to photograph it...

I know what you mean... It took hours to get mine done. All while my friend with the camera waited.

And NeoTechni, Do you use Amazon a lot for buying controllers?

A few, but they've been getting a little annoying. They canceled a preorder a few days before a controller came out, so I reordered. Then they sent me both.

And do you find Yahoo Japan Auctions to be quite good? Like in service, communications between you and the seller etc?

I use japamart.com which lets you get all japanese-only stuff like Yahoo japan auctions.
I pretty much get no communication, but I've had no issues other than extremely expensive shipping. And yeah, I use google translate.

You have an awful lot of steering wheels

You have 2 I've never seen before. That Hori grip and jogdial. Are those the official names? What's odd is I have 2 other Hori grips, and have seen many for other systems, but not those ones
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

You have 2 I've never seen before. That Hori grip and jogdial. Are those the official names? What's odd is I have 2 other Hori grips, and have seen many for other systems, but not those ones

Those are are the names that I bought them as, and they are correct. The Jogdial controllers box does say "Hori Jogdial controller". And on the back of the Hori Grip controller it says "Grip Controller PS". And on the front of the controller says Hori.

I only Paid USD$3.85 for my Hori Grip (The Pink one) on auction, but there is one on ebay now, just not listed as Hori Grip. Way more expensive than what I paid. Depends how bad you want it...

Here is the Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PLAYSTATION-OF ... ltDomain_0

You have an awful lot of steering wheels

I have a lot of wheels because I frequently visit Markets/Swap meets/Second hand stores etc. If I see a a wheel for AUD$2.00 to AUD$10.00, I usually can't resit to buy it so cheaply. And seriously, I have bought a wheel for $2.00! The Speedster Pure at a charity shop.

The only wheels I saved for were the G25, MOMO, Speester 3 Force Shock, F1 Wheel, Challenge 2, Hyper Wheel 64 And the Speed Force. The others I just picked up cheaply. The same goes for joysticks - And they are even cheaper - Wait to you see how many of those I have! :)

And thanks for saying about those system connections. I don't have many Sega or Atari etc to compare with, so sometimes when I pick them up, I have absolutely no idea what system they go to, but I am learning... I have only been collecting controllers for nearly 2 years now, so even though I have heaps of controllers I probably don't know nearly as much as you guys would.

Oh, and here is another photo - All I managed to do so far - Might try some more this weekend.

Hori Super Robot Wars Controller Special Edition (PS1/PS2), Hori Dragon Quest Slime Controller (PS1/PS2), EyeToy Play Hero Sword (PS2), Hori Wai Wai Trump Controller (PS1), Hori Wai Wai Jansou Controller (PS1), EyeToy Wide Angle Lens (PS2), Hori Zero Tech 2 Racing Controller (PS2), Microsoft Sidewinder DualStrike (PC), EyeToy Silver Mini (PS2), EyeToy Black (PS2), Konami Capture Eye (PS2), InterAct Pool Shark Cue Controller (PC)

The Capture Eye is NOT an EyeToy - okay. Its a Motion sensing Camera. Used only for one game (as far I know), and that is "The Keisatsukan Shinjuku 24 hours" I have the game and the capture eye, but I need a Konami Light Blaster to play it. I don't have a light blaster yet, and none of my other guns seems to work. Apparently any gun that is not Gcon and has a "Normal" or Standard" or "Konami" mode will work - but so far I am having no luck with any of my light guns, (Although I have not tried them all yet). And a couple of the guns I have have standard and normal modes, but don't work with the game. So I am baffled, as to what 3rd party gun would work.

The purpose of the game is a cop like game and you use the camera to take cover, doge bullets etc and you use the gun to shoot back. I really want to try it, but unless I find a Konami Light Blaster or another gun that will work I am stuck. I have heard a rumor some logic 3 guns have Konami modes. Any of you guys have a gun that has a konami mode?
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

Here are some more photos. More still to come.

Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II (PC), Suncom SFS Throttle & Stick (PC), Thrustmaster Mark 1 Flight Control System & Weapons Control System (MAC), Logic 3 Phantom 2 Dual Mode Joystick (PC), Logic 3 PSX Dominator Joystick (PS1), Logitech 3D Extreme Pro Joystick (PC), Saitek Cyborg Flight Stick (PC), Gravis Firebird Programmable Flight & Game Controller (PC)

Saitek x8-33GU 2 in 1 Joystick (PC), Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro (PC), CH Products Flight Stick Pro (PC), Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Flight Stick (PS2), Quickshot NitroStick (N64), Control Stick (Atari/Commodore?), Microsoft SideWinder 3D Pro (PC), Gravis Destroyer (PC), Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro Flight Stick (Xbox), Mad Catz Joystick (PS1), Genius MaxFighter F-16 Joystick (PC), Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital (PC)

Logitech Wingman Light (PC), Logic 3 Phantom Joystick (PC), DSE Joystick (PC), RadioShack Joystick (PC), CH Products Flight Stick (PC), QuickShot Joystick Model:QS-123E (PC), QuickShot Pro Joystick Model: QS-123 (PC), Logic 3 Sigma-Ray LG 739 (Sega Platform??), Logic 3 Tornado (PC), QuickShot SG Fighter Model:SV-401 (Genesis?), Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick (PC), DSX Joystick (PC), Quickshot SkyHawk Joystick Model: QS-209 (PC), Quickshot Joystick Model: QS-130F (Atari/Commdore/AMSTRAD/MSX/SEGA), RockFire Joystick (PC), Quickshot Joystick Model: QS-6219 (PC), QuickShot SVI Spectravideo Joystick Model:#16-102 (Atari/Commodore/Amiga etc), QuickJoy Model: SV-122 (?), Suncom Analog Edge Joystick (PC/MAC), QuickShot SVI Spectravideo Joystick Model: QUICKSHOT 1 (Atari/Commodore/Amiga etc), Joystick (Atari/Commodore?), Boss Engineering Joystick (Atari/Commodore?), Lad Joystick (Atari/Commodore?), Super Professional Joystick (Atari/Commodore/Amiga etc), Joystick (Atari/Commodore?), Pair of White Gamepads A+B (?), Tandy Joystick (?), MAXX Play Pair/set of Gamepads (Play TV)

3 in 1 Multi-System Games Controller (PC) -- Turns from wheel to Yoke to Handlebars.

Thrustmaster FreeStyler Board (PS1/PS2), Thrustmaster FreeStyler Board (Xbox)

Golf Launchpad - Golf Simulator (PS2), Gametrak Central Unit [1st Gen Version] (PS2), Logic3 Arcade Stick (GC), Nyko Classic Trackball (PS1), GameTrack Real World Golf Club (PS2)

Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller (PS2), Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller (GC)

I will be taking photos of my rhythm controllers next. I will try get them done soon...
Para
128-bit

Post by Para »

Where the hell do you keep all this stuff?
I only have a couple novelty controllers and a lot of normal ones and I have enough trouble finding places to keep them all.
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

I have a wall covered with boxes for controllers in my room, an antique display cabinet filled with smaller ones, the shelf in my closet filled with wider ones, and the IZEK in my basement
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

That Grip controller is weird cause Hori named another one the same thing...

Do either of them have SCPH codes?

I tried submitting offers on that ebay link but he never replied...
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

Sorry for the slow response guys. I have been very busy lately.

Where the hell do you keep all this stuff?
I only have a couple novelty controllers and a lot of normal ones and I have enough trouble finding places to keep them all.

The simple answer is anywhere there is space. All my controllers are stored in my Office/Gaming Room. I have big boxed stuff like the wheels under my one desk, I have 3 bookcases that are filled with games and some controllers. I have an old desk that is packed with boxed controllers; both under the desk and on top of it. I have plastic boxes, cardboard boxes and 2 chest of draws filled with various controllers.

I am running out of room, but that won't stop me buying more controllers. I'll find space somewhere for them... In the near future I want to move to a bigger place, so will try to make a more dedicated space for my collection then; Maybe (If I can), I will dedicate one whole room for just my games and controllers. Of course this is very hopeful thinking! :)

That Grip controller is weird cause Hori named another one the same thing...

Do either of them have SCPH codes?

I tried submitting offers on that ebay link but he never replied...

Well I guess the more accurate name would be Hori Grip Controller PS. As for the ebay link - that seller had the same controller six months ago listed at buy it now $79.99 - each month he dropped the price a bit, so overall he has dropped it quite a lot, since he first listed it. I would wait for an auction. (I read on your buzz that you found both the grip and Jogdial on auction - good luck with getting them!)

I wasn't sure if you still wanted the codes for the grip and jogdial, but here they are anyway;

Hori Grip Controller PS
H.BLUE SLPH 00086
H.YELLOW SLPH 00087
H.PINK SLPH 00088

These were on the back of the controller. I would so have preferred to get a blue or yellow one over the pink...

Hori Jogdial Controller
No code on the back of the controller, but on the side of the box is pictures of different colors of the controller and has codes next to each;

(Blue) HPS-74
(Red) HPS-75
(Yellow) HPS-76

Hope those codes help you.

Last week, before I got so busy I took some more photos - I just didn't get around to posting them. I did some rhythm controllers (not all), and I did DVD Remotes and adapters as well as Light Guns. So here they are;

Smart Joy Frag (Mouse & Keyboard Adapter) (Xbox), Smart Joy Frag (Mouse & Keyboard Adapter) (PS2), N~Pal Converter (PS1), Futuretronics DVD Remote Receiver (PS2), PS2 Network Adapter (PS2), Sony PS2 Remote Control with Reciever (PS2), XLogic PS2 DVD Remote Control with Reciever (PS2), Gameinis PS2 Remote Control with Reciever (PS2), DragonBox Xbox DVD Remote with Reciever (XBox), Xbox DVD Remote with Reciever (XBox), 3rd Earth PS1/PS2 to PS3/PC Adapter (PS3/PC)

TNG Light Gun (PC), Real Arcade Gun with AC/DC Powered Kickback and Reload Pedal (PS1/Staturn), Exterminator Light Gun (PS1), Boss Battle Light Gun (Xbox), Namco Blue GunCon2 Light Gun (PS2), Futuretronics Orange & Black Light Gun (PS2), Panther Light Gun & Reload Pedal (PS1), Namco G-Con 45 Light Gun (PS1), M2 Light Gun (Xbox), 4Gamers Light Gun (Xbox), Erazer MP5 Light Gun (Camo Ver) (PS1), Erazer MP5 Light Gun (Navy Bue Ver) (PS1)

Bio X Gun (Xbox), 4Gamers XK-10 Light Gun (PS2), Futuretronics Light Gun (PS2), Mad Catz Blaster (Xbox), Joytech SharpShooter Light Gun (Xbox), Gamemon Super Light Blaster & Reload Pedal (PS2), CyberGun Micro-Uzi (PS2), 4Gamers XK-9 Light Gun (PS2), Predator 2 Light Gun & Pedal & Sight (PS1/Saturn), PowerWave Light Gun with Kick Back (PS2), MII 100Hz Light Gun (Xbox)

Thrustmaster Dance Mat (Bundled with Jungle Book Groove Party) (PS1)

TopWay Taiko No Tatsujin Drum & sticks (PS2), Donkey Konga Bongos (GC), Guitar Hero Kick Pedal (PS2/Xbox 360 etc), Konami Drummania Controller with Drum Sticks & Pedal (PS2)

Konami Beatmania IIDX Controller [US Version] (PS2), Konami Beatmania Turntable [European] (PS1), ASCII Beatmania Controller [Japanese] (PS1), Konami Beatmania DJ Station Pro (PS1)

I also just took this next photo. Its of my most recent additions...

Reveal Joystick (PC), Computer Joystick (Atari/Commodore/Amiga etc), Joystick (Atari/Commodore/Amiga etc), Logitech Wingman Force 3D (PC) , York ExerGame Bike Controller (PS2), 2x Nubytech Ninja Gaiden Limited Edition Controller {1 Mint, 1 used} (Xbox), Hot Wheels Slot Car Racing Controllers {set of 2} (PC), Roulette Controller (PS1), Nsyscom Pachi-Slot Controller (PS1), SpaceTec Spaceball Avenger (PC), Ban Dai Kids Station (PS1)

I still have some more rhythm controllers to do; mainly guitars, also got some other controllers to photograph. So still more to come...
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

Thanks for the info. I didn't think anyone but Crux read my buzz lol.

Ban Dai Kids Station (PS1)

*twitch* I just got that thing. I don't know how so many of these things managed to elude me! It's rather annoying considering the amount of obsessive compulsive research I put into this.

I'm going to have to look for that roulette controller next. I thought maybe it was for the game of Life lol.
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

The roulette controller can be used with both Roulette games and Board games. It is also compatible with the Game of Life. I haven't tried it with any games yet, and I still need to do some more research into it. I have also read it works on PS2. When I saw it on eBay I bought it quickly - had never seen it before that.

Same with the Kids Station - just came up in my search one day. I actually bought the Kids Station and the Roulette Controller from the same seller and got really cheap combined postage. So I got a good deal. :)

And yeah, I read your buzz - The stuff you post is interesting; don't know how you find all those articles. I don't do nearly as much research as I probably should do on my controllers or on new release controllers/technology.

Anyway, I'm officially having a gaming break; Going to play Mafia II and Darkest of Days - Not sure which I'll play first. :)