My novelty controllers.

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

Re: My novelty controllers. (UPDATED! 1/07/2010)

Post by sharkiegamer777 »

TG352 wrote:I have been desperately searching the net for years for the Thrustmaster Tacticalboard which I use extensively in an online flight sim for flaps, trim, gear, WEP, map, etc. Are any of these for sale or trade? I have quite a few old joysticks and wheels for trade value. If not any recommendations on where to buy one?

Cheers

Sorry, I only trade duplicates. I do not have a Duplicate Tacticalboard.

I got mine from a friend in France. They bought it at a market.

I have seen these on eBay though. I think the last one I saw was on auction about a month ago. Just keep searching, and I'm sure you will find one eventually. They do pop up for auction occasionally.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
TG352

Post by TG352 »

No problem, thank you!
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

Massive update of my controllers. I have gotten a lot more than pictured below; I just haven't gotten around to photographing the others. Will try to do more pics sometime soon. :)

And Crux, Have you gotten any more controllers lately?

Logitech Wingman Formula Force Wheel & Pedals (PC), Logitech Wingman Force (PC), Saitek Cyborg Evo Joysick (PC), Logitech Wingman Warrior (PC), Blaze Gamecube controller (GC), Green/Black Analog Futuretronics Controller (Xbox), Controller Plus (PS1), P One Clear Controller (PS1), Logitech Wingman Rumble Pad (PC), Thrustmaster Firestorm Digital Controller (PC), Quickshot Gamepad (SNES), Mad Catz Wrist Rumbler (PS1), Sega Genesis Gamepad (Genesis), PSX Joystick - Black (PS1), PSX Joystick - Purple (PS1), PSX Joystick - Clear (PS1), PSX Dual Shock Convertor (PC)

Sankyo N.Asuka Pachinko Controller (PS1), Sammy Jissen Pachi-Slot Controller (PS2), Konami Keyboardmania (PS2), Pelican GC Retro Pad (GC), Gamester Pro Racer (GC), Konami DDR Hand Joypad (PS1/PS2), Coca-Cola Pad (PS2)

PowerWave controllers for PS2; Need 4 Speed, Urban Warfare, Skate, Racing, Lighting, Armageddon, Crimson Skull (PC), Army Style, Tomb Raider/Hitman, Off Road, Sega Super Stars Tennis, V8 Supercars 3, Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007, Ricky Ponting Cricket 2005,PES 6, Game Elements Homer Simpson Controller,

Fantastic 4 The Thing Controller (Xbox), Naki Spider-man Controller (Xbox), Naki Sppider-man Controller (GC), Rayman Controller (PS1), Digimon Controller (PS1/PS2), PowerWave Controllers for Xbox; Racing, Need 4 Speed, Spider-Man Glow Controller (PS2), Ben 10 Controller (PS2), Ben 10 Alien Force controller (PS2), Bart Simpson Mini Controller (PS2), Harry Potter Wireless Controller (PS2)

Rock Band Drum Sets; Xbox 360 & PS2 Versions

Guitar Hero World Tour Drum Set with Pedal (PS2)

Thrustmaster fighting Arena (PS2)

Saitek Adrenalin Racing wheel With Pedals & Table Clamp (Xbox), Gamester Motion Controller (PS2), Pelican Arcade Stick (PS2), Nyko SpeakerCOM (XBox), Gametrak Motion Capture System (2nd version) (PC) with Real World Golf Club, Light Blaster Gun (PS1), PowerWave Carbon Controller (PS2)

Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals (PC), Tsuricon Fishing Rod (PS2), Guitar Hero World Tour Microphone (PS2), Sammy Pachi Slot Controller (Famicom)

Guitar Hero World Tour Wireless Guitar (PS2), Rock Band Fender Stratocaster Wireless Guitar (PS2), Muse V Controller & Pedal (PC)

ASCII Limited Edition Beatmania Controller (PS1), REZ Special Package with ASCII Trance Vibrator (PS2), Densha De Go One Handle Type Controller (PS1/PS2), Martial Beat 2 Controller Set (PS1)

Hori Fishing Controller Set (PS1), Bandai Fishing Rod Controller (PS1), Logic 3 TopDrive Space Wheel (PS1/PS2), QuickShot MasterPilot with Programmer & Game Cards (PC)

Mini Moni Shakkato Tambourine Controller (PS1)

Top Shot Elite Rifle Bundled with Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 (PS3), SlingShot Catapult Snowboard Controller (PC)

I have a heap of other controllers I've just gotten, so will be taking some more pics when I can.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

crux wrote:Snuck below the robots is the SpaceOrb 360 controller for PC, which can move in six degrees of freedom, enabling more movement than even two joysticks can offer. Alas, there aren't many games capable of taking advantage of it (namely Descent), and most of the controllers only work on older Windows operating systems.
There is a store selling the PSX version of this called the Sphere 360, still new in the box. I am very tempted to buy this. From what I read, it looks like a triple direction twist ball. Another form of a Spinner Control is what I am after. Hopefully the spin takes place of the left analog stick.

Does the ball spin freely or does it have limited stops and springs back to a middle position?

Image Image

A full review of the SpaceOrb 360 please, and if anyone has the PSX version please chime in.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CatchFiveBats
24-bit

Post by CatchFiveBats »

Mind-boggling collection, I'm honestly at a loss for words.

And VERY cool to see the MiniMoni games in somebody's collection since that group was under the same agency as my j-pop idol group of choice (Morning Musume). I've seen them before but never figured anyone but me would own something like that :lol:
Wish that said, I don't actually have any of them. MiniMoni was never really my bag, being a kiddy group and all. Would like to play one of those games someday though...
元モー娘。高橋愛推し
If I ever mention Morning Musume/Momusu/Aichan (Takahashi Ai) and you wonder who/what I'm talking about, or if you're curious about who the girl in my avatar is...here and here

My B/S/T Thread

RFGeneration Collection Profile
NeoTechni
24-bit

Post by NeoTechni »

CRTGAMER wrote:Does the ball spin freely or does it have limited stops and springs back to a middle position?

A full review of the SpaceOrb 360 please, and if anyone has the PSX version please chime in.

https://sites.google.com/site/neotechni ... Sphere-360

My review, though given you got that pic from PlayStationCollecting.com, you've already read my review as I posted that pic...

The ball has limited movement and springs back

Logic 3 TopDrive Space Wheel (PS1/PS2)

What is that?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

NeoTechni wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Does the ball spin freely or does it have limited stops and springs back to a middle position?

https://sites.google.com/site/neotechni/Home/faq#TOC-Sphere-360

My review, though given you got that pic from PlayStationCollecting.com, you've already read my review as I posted that pic...

The ball has limited movement and springs back
Bookmarked! Wow, I am envious! A great controller reference, Thanks!

Oh crap, I was hoping the Orb ball would spin freely. A Spinner type of accurate control. Oh well, I just acquired a SmartJoy Frag for the PS2 thanks to Anapan, getting pics together for a proper review. Check here later for a followup:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=397450#p397450

Still debating if i should pick up that Sphere Orb PSX version.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Inazuma
Next-Gen

Re: My novelty controllers.

Post by Inazuma »

Holy fuck! Amazing collection. I've never seen or heard about many of those controllers. Awesome stuff. I really wanna try the tambourine one too.
sharkiegamer777
8-bit

Thanks for complementing my collection guys. It continues to grow in size all the time.

Finally made some time to take some more photos. So here is a massive update.

Sega Menacer (Mega Drive), Super NES Nintendo Scope 6 (SNES)

CTA Digital Assault Rifle with Move Cradle (PS3), PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter (PS3), CTA Digital Sub Machine Gun for Move (PS3)

Philips Virtual Pinball (PC), Zalman FPS Gun Mouse (PC), Hori Guitar Freaks Arcade Style Controller (PS2), LogicX Light Gun (PS1), Mad Catz Razor (PS1), InterAct FX Handheld Racing Wheel (PC), Quick Shot Strike Pad (PS1)

Band Hero Drum Set (PS2/PS3)

DJ Hero Renegade Edition (PS3)

Action Stick The Ultimate Fighting System (PS2)

Fanatec Speedster 2 Wheel & Pedals (PS1/PS2), Mad Catz Racing Wheel & Pedals (PC), Maxx Yoke (PC), Thrustmaster Modena 360 Wheel & Pedals (PC), Harry Potter Gamepad (GC)

Freak Series 2 Samurai Face Off Controller (PS2), Freak Series 2 Samurai VS Ninja Controller set (PS2), Freak Series 2 Dragon Fire Breather Controller (Xbox), Freak Series 1 Fleshy Controller (PS2), Freak Series 1 Alien Infection Controller (Xbox), Freak Series 1 Berserker Controller (PS2)

Konami Laser Scope (NES), Super Robots Wars Standard Controller (PS2), Fanatec Headshot Controller (PC), Greatest Striker with Taito Communication Headset (PS2), Fission Fishing Rod (PS1), Sega Control Stick (Master System), JB King Arcade Stick (SNES), Beatmania Controller for WonderSwan (WS), Taito Densha De Go N64 Controller (N64), Ide Yousuke’s Jissen Mahjong Controller (Famicom)

Grand Racing Wheel Street Smartz [Wheel designed for GTA) (PS2), Macally AirStick (MAC), Joytech DJ Man (PS1/PS2), TorQback Racing Controller (PS2), Logitech G13 Gameboard (PC), Call of Duty Black Ops Precision Aim Controller (PS3), Tam Tam Paradise Controller Set (PS2), Logic3 Free Wheel (SNES),

Ace Combat 6 Ace Edge Flight Stick (Xbox 360), Tony Hawk Ride Wireless Board Controller (Xbox 360)

Blaze Twin Shock Home Arcade Stick Limited Black (PS1), Hori Tekken Tag Arcade Stick (PS2), Hori Virtua Fighter 4 Arcade Stick (PS2)

Mortal Kombat Fatality Baraka Kontroller (PS2), Mortal Kombat Fatality Sub Zero Kontroller (PS2), Mortal Kombat Scorpion Kontroller (PS2), Mortal Kombat Fatality Sub Zero Kontroller (Xbox), Mortal Kombat Fatality Scorpion Kontroller (Xbox)

ShipDriver (PC), OCZ NIA Neural Impulse Actuator (PC), Logic3 Assault Rifle (PS2/Xbox), eDimensional Ben Heck Access Controller (PC/PS2/PS3)

Will take some more photos when the rest of the controllers I've bought arrive.
crux
128-bit

Post by crux »

Long time no see! I've been absent for quite a while, but it's good to see this thread still going. Great additions, sharkie.

I haven't picked up all that many controllers lately, as the amount of controllers I'm interested in have dwindled considerably. And the more that happens, the less I even research controllers. I mostly just look at NeoTechni's buzzes now.

I'll take some pictures eventually, but off the top of my head (and scrolling through my gmail history) the only new acquisitions since my last update are a pair of Fling fake joystick things for iPad, the X68000 Cyber Stick (I don't have a X68000 yet, but it works for Genesis), a U-Force (don't jest - I want to review the unreleased UForce Power Games), and the biggest acquisition: a DJ Dao Real Edition Beatmania IIDX controller. It's not the double I wanted, but I managed to find a US seller and thus got it for a massive discount over what it would cost me to get it straight from Dao. I couldn't pass it up.

Only other acquisitions are mostly duplicates. I got not one, but TWO additional Tempest 2000 spinners for Jaguar, one of which is free-spinning and right handed, and the other of which is traditional style but detented (so not free-spinning whatsoever), which brings my Tempest 2000 spinner count up to an odd three. There's a black neGcon, a second Tambourine controller, and I got a second Twin Stick for Saturn which I plan to gut and use the case for a custom dual stick controller (an idea I'm stealing from here). Though it's not technically just a controller (far, far from it), I also got a Boardmaster supergun, which includes a two-player setup of sticks. There's also some other regular controller acquisitions, but I'll make another thread for that some day. Really I will.

Oh, and I almost forgot: For god knows what reason, I got the Hori Twin Stick EX controller for 360. I'm not nearly enough into Virtual On to justify it, but meh. It's just so pretty... There's another (questionable) ASC-like acquisition coming later in the summer, but I'll just be vague for now.

sharkiegamer777 wrote:Hori Guitar Freaks Arcade Style Controller

Lovely controller (I hope you actually play, because it's not easy to find!), but what makes you think Hori manufactured it? As far as I'm aware, the ASC comes straight from Konami. It's a shame no one else has made a GuitarFreaks ASC, or perhaps the combination GuitarFreaks/Guitar Hero controller DJ Dao hinted at too many years ago. I'm also ever so slightly tempted by the DJ Dao Drummania ASC, but it's expensive, it's big, and it'd be pretty damn hard to justify to the missus, no less to myself.