Finally borrowed a camera

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Overload
128-bit

Re: Finally borrowed a camera

Post by Overload »

I like what you've done with the GBA games.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I picked up an Epson NX400 all-in-one inkjet (which has gone through about three ink refills already) and I use 50 lb matte legal paper that I picked up from Red River Paper. The Epson ink dries almost instantly and the paper is thick enough that you have a solid feeling cover. You don't really need to go glossy, as the plastic slip covers give you that glossy effect anyway. You need to use legal because most inserts are about 11" long, so printers won't get them on a single page. I had to print approximately 200 covers when I started, and I knew that I'd be getting more games that needed custom cases as time went on. So I decided to spend the money on a printing setup, rather than using a place like Kinkos. If you are only going to be printing off a smaller number, and only once or twice, then it might be worthwhile to go to Kinkos instead. I have heard, though, that some Kinkos locations won't print video game covers for copyright concerns.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I have printed a few covers off that site for genesis boxes. I only used the ones that were direct scans of game covers because people have a tendency to modify them for no good reason. Look at the creepy Nights boxart for example. . . Anyway, I printed them off with the smallest border my printer would allow and after trimming the edges they fit in the original genesis boxes PERFECTLY. Not sure about the universal game boxes though. I printed the dynamite headdy one you've got and recognized it right away because of the dark wrinkles lol. After I noticed creases in a lot of them I started editing the creases and marks out. I was planning to print out covers for all my 32X games because I hate those cardboard boxes (and I lost the insert part of them so I just have the sleeves) but was dissapointing that they're not accurate and they're orange. . . I'll probably scan my own.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The Genesis boxes are a bit smaller than the UGCs. So they fit on a piece of regular paper, but everything else needs legal.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Jrecee wrote:I have printed a few covers off that site for genesis boxes. I only used the ones that were direct scans of game covers because people have a tendency to modify them for no good reason. Look at the creepy Nights boxart for example. . . Anyway, I printed them off with the smallest border my printer would allow and after trimming the edges they fit in the original genesis boxes PERFECTLY. Not sure about the universal game boxes though. I printed the dynamite headdy one you've got and recognized it right away because of the dark wrinkles lol. After I noticed creases in a lot of them I started editing the creases and marks out. I was planning to print out covers for all my 32X games because I hate those cardboard boxes (and I lost the insert part of them so I just have the sleeves) but was dissapointing that they're not accurate and they're orange. . . I'll probably scan my own.

Look arond and you'll find out that some 32x games actually came in those plastic cases. It's mostly sports games (of which there very few of on 32x) but you can just grab a bunch for dirt cheap gut 'em and reuse them for other 32x games.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Awesome collection man.

Love the UGC boxes, and the custom painted consoles. I see that you have Valkyria Chronicles ... I wanna try that game so bad.

Also thanks for the cover project link. I've been burning DC games lately and wanted to make cases for 'em. I have an Epson 1200 printer that I got about a year ago for my graphic design projects so I should be good on that end. Anyone have any suggestions for getting empty DVD cases?
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Xonticus wrote:I'm dying to see what games/ the beauty of that artwork... I think some more light in the room will allow the camera to have a higher shutter speed, making a better picture. Turn on the lights!! :o

And turn the flash off!!!

Ha! i can see them just fine really. The universal cases with printed artwork look awesome. Nice well rounded collection or stuff. Awesome!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

NICE cases, man! I'd be too lazy to make covers for all my SNES/NES/GEN collection, so I envy your work!

edit: Damn, now I wanna pick up those cases! They're so nice! I have a few cases similar to those, got them from an old video rental shop that closed up long ago. They fit SNES and GEN games, and CDs. Those are much nicer though, I might have to pick up a few.... or a gross lol.
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

MrPopo wrote:Most of my SMS and Genesis games were bought loose, which is why I just stuck with the Universal Game Cases for them.

I picked up my Universal Game Cases from here. The site is a little misleading, as they list the unit price, but you need to buy in cases of 100. I picked up two cases of them and have about 50 that are leftover, so we could possibly work out a deal where I can sell them to you.

After seeing pictures of your game cases I want to get some of those cases, since most of my snes and n64 carts are loose. PM me about the cases.
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.