Next-Gen

Usb Nes Pads

Post by arion »

http://www.retrousb.com/nintendo.html

im tempted to buy one even if its 30$ :D nes emulation would be near perfect
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

theres also a way to get your nes-pad to the parallel-port. get one at ebay and diy. the only thing i would find really great is the four-score-USB :-)
know your roots !!!
retrogamer

Post by retrogamer »

I made a NES Four Score into a USB connector using a Super Nintendo controller extension cord and a SNES Super Smart Joy adapter. Best thing is you can plug your stock NES pads into it with out having to hack them up since good NES pads are starting to get harder to find with all of those people making belt buckles. What I did for this project was to use a Super Nintendo control pad extension cable which was wired up to the correct pins on controller 1 port of the Four Score. Then the Four Score is able to plug in to the Super Smart Joy SNES to USB adapter. Here is a picture of the finished product. It took me quite sometime to make since I wanted to do a professional job but it works well and I did not have to buy any special chips or anything unusual to make it. Only controller 1 port is wired up at the moment but I may add more in the future. To wire up the other three would require three more controller extension cords and three more Super Smart Joy adapters which would be a bit costly. However if you want to have just one or two player connection than this isn't a bad way to go.Image
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

yeah whats with that nes pad belt buckle thing sure the nes is great but the pads better not have been working before the were made into a belt buckle.

Anyway nice job there :)
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

really cool, if you had the Snes extension cord, you could have just made an adapter and keep the 4 score functional.

Do the 4 ports work with this?
Jakanden
16-bit

Re: Usb Nes Pads

Post by Jakanden »

arion wrote:http://www.retrousb.com/nintendo.html

im tempted to buy one even if its 30$ :D nes emulation would be near perfect

I have this one as well as the Advantage one and they are awesome =)