Sega CD on Dreamcast?

Emu Talk Goes Here
Jakanden
16-bit

Sega CD on Dreamcast?

Post by Jakanden »

Hey All,

I finally got around to getting another Dreamcast. I had one when it was supported and got rid of it shortly after (Stupid I know). Anyway, I have been reading up on emulation for it (which is the primary reason I got it) and it looks like things shouldn't be too difficult (although it seems like all of the Genesis Emulators have problems with sound and such?).

One thing I haven't found too much info on though is emulation for the Sega CD. Is this possible and if so, how do I go about setting it up?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Not yet as far as I know, but it seems like a possibility since Neo-Geo CD is emulated pretty well
Jakanden
16-bit

Post by Jakanden »

Damn the man heh. I am currently replaying Vay and Lunar and I was hoping to play them on my TV.
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

Get an xbox. Seriously.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

Jakanden wrote:Damn the man heh. I am currently replaying Vay and Lunar and I was hoping to play them on my TV.

well this might help

http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_connect_pc2tv.php
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

I really doubt that sega cd will ever be emulated on dreamcast, as the DC has trouble emulating the genesis alone, add another processor to the mix and see how things get a lot more complicated.

Hopefully one day SEGA releases a magical machine similar to the cdx that is also compatible with Saturn and DC, oh well, a guy can dream.
Jakanden
16-bit

Post by Jakanden »

Pullmyfinger wrote:I really doubt that sega cd will ever be emulated on dreamcast, as the DC has trouble emulating the genesis alone, add another processor to the mix and see how things get a lot more complicated.

Hopefully one day SEGA releases a magical machine similar to the cdx that is also compatible with Saturn and DC, oh well, a guy can dream.

Since I am fairly new to the Dreamcast Emu scene (ok totally new), how come the Sega Dreamcast has problems emulating the Sega genesis but not the SNES?
Jakanden
16-bit

Post by Jakanden »

arion wrote:
Jakanden wrote:Damn the man heh. I am currently replaying Vay and Lunar and I was hoping to play them on my TV.

well this might help

http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_connect_pc2tv.php

Thanks - I have tried that setup before and I never found them really all that great. Appreciate the suggestion though =)
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

well since i got a setup like this i´ve stopped watching tv i only watch downloaded episodes :D and emulation is great with a gamepad..but the downside is that the tv has to be close to the pc and a wireless mouse is a must..so while its good option its not the best solution
Jakanden
16-bit

Post by Jakanden »

That is my problem now. I finally have my own apartment (no roommates) so my TV is in my living room and my PC is in my office heh.