Raidant Silvergun rom for mame

Emu Talk Goes Here
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Raidant Silvergun rom for mame

Post by ott0bot »

Does anyone know where I can get a good ROM of this for MAME? Does it need an additional bios to run? I've noticed several of the Saturn era roms have a JUET 9580... something or other next to the name. So if it needs a bios, I guess I need that too. Thanks.
dudex77
32-bit

Post by dudex77 »

I don't think mame is advanced enough to handle most 3d games. I've gotten some cruisn games and stryder 3 going but that's it.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

you need the sega titan bios, stvbios i believe is the name of the rom.

it runs, but not quite at full speed; however i have a less than impressive PC as far as video performance goes.
dudex77
32-bit

Post by dudex77 »

skate323k137 wrote:you need the sega titan bios, stvbios i believe is the name of the rom.

it runs, but not quite at full speed; however i have a less than impressive PC as far as video performance goes.

Really? Specs?
marurun

Post by marurun »

Sega Titan/STV games do not run particularly quickly or well in MAME currently and sometimes have errors and bugs. This is due to the Titan/STV being very similar to the Sega Saturn hardware and thus also a nightmare of various processors and hardware interactions.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

I'm running it on mame osx on my imac with leopard. I've found another rom set with a bios so I'll let you guys know how it runs.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

dudex77 wrote:
skate323k137 wrote:you need the sega titan bios, stvbios i believe is the name of the rom.

Really? Specs?

just a 1.7ghz toshiba laptop with an 80gb hard drive and 768mb of ram. this thing never ceases to amaze me, it's been to hell and back (well, new orleans anyway) and on countless road trips. it serves as my main PC, portable, tom-tom, and MAME machine when i grab arcade sticks and an s-video cord.