Emu Talk Goes Here
Geshmaal
8-bit

Xbox Controller

by Geshmaal Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:51 am

I'm going to have a go at emulating some stuff on my modded Xbox, mostly due to the fact that I've heard it has the best SNES emulation around. The only problem I see arising is the controller, which was clearly designed with 3D in mind, due to the stretch you have to make to reach the d-pad with your thumb. Are there any Xbox controllers with a layout more like the Wii's classic controller? Or maybe a design like that Sega Saturn's that's nice for fighting games? Overall I'd prefer something that can be used for hours and still be comfortable.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:41 am

I've never had a problem using the xbox s controller with emulation on my xbox. I use the official arcade stick though. Definately worth getting if you want to get into the excellent MAME emulation on xbox! Most games work flawlessly on the xbox.

If you wanna get your hands dirty you could easily mod a SNES controller to work on an xbox with an extension cable/usb hack. Or do what this guy did and just wire the buttons directly to another controller. Just get a snes pad and a cheap crappy xbox pad and solder them together. Easy.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
corn619
Next-Gen

Xbox Controller

by corn619 Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:54 am

You might want to look at the controller adaptors that you can use other consoles controllers on the Xbox. I have one that allows me to use my PS2 controller on my Xbox. Jandaman.com or Playasia.com or National Console Support.com might have them.
vlame
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox Controller

by vlame Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:45 pm

corn619 wrote:You might want to look at the controller adaptors that you can use other consoles controllers on the Xbox. I have one that allows me to use my PS2 controller on my Xbox. Jandaman.com or Playasia.com or National Console Support.com might have them.
my local store has these for ps2.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:21 pm

I use one of these http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2a-49-en-70-mi5.html Mainly bought it because the 6 buttons on the front make it's layout more like the mega-drive which is what I mostly emulate on my Xbox.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:11 pm

OOS though.

May be lucky with ebay?
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:30 pm

JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Return to Emulation