Mame Arcade Cabinet

Emu Talk Goes Here
SpaceBooger

Mame Arcade Cabinet

Post by SpaceBooger »

I just designed plans to build my own mame arcade cabinet...
has anyone else here built one?
and does anyone have access to plans so I can compare mine...

Based on my plans it will be 67" tall, 26" wide, and 25" deep... for easily under $100.

Do those dimensions sound right?
Thanks
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

25" wide? What kinda monitor are you putting in? I think it's too narrow if you want two-player action.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

19" monitor that gives about 4" on each side of the monitor...

The main difference between what I plan on making and a real cabinet is that the controls will not be mounted, instead I am using usp/ps2 converter and the street fighter ps2 arcade versions. These controllers will sit on the shelve so that if 2 players play they can move around comfortably.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

You talking about sticks or pads? If the control is not mounted, I fail to see the point then. Unless it's one of those "the point of the journey is not to arrive" type projects.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

no its a "arcade controls are too expensive, Ill just use PS2 arcade sticks"

The controller will be sticks and buttons, and not permanently mounted. They will be removable so that I can plug a lightgun into the PS2/USB adapter.

The controller looks like this:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9850/2602264949061018f0f7b5rb2.jpg
BLOG | BST