Emu Talk Goes Here
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

Can Anyone Write A Guide For NES on PSP?

by racketboy Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:55 pm

It doesn't have to be incredibly in-depth, but if somebody could write up an NES on PSP guide, that would be incredibly awesome.
I'm trying to do a NES-on-Mobile roundup and I have a GP2X and a DS, so I'm hoping to take care of those.
A PSP would be the obvious way to complete the big players, but I don't have one.
Can anyone help out?
User avatar
Niode
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7833
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: UK

by Niode Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:47 pm

Is this assuming somebody has a PSP with 1.5 or custom firmware? It's kinda different depending on the PSP.

It's not something you can really some up in 5 minutes. Because 1.50 loads homebrew differently to 2.0 or 2.52 or.. you get the picture..

It might be an easier way to just have an article on enabling homebrew first?
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
User avatar
tbeeghly
24-bit
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 12:06 am
Location: University of Cincinnati

by tbeeghly Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:59 pm

I know this doesn't replace what you're asking for, but http://www.afterdawn.com has an amazing psp community. There plenty of guides to do whatever you need to do on a psp there. I'd check that out, Racket.
JJJ
24-bit
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:58 pm

by JJJ Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:30 pm

I may be able to write something but it depends on the deadline. My pandora battery (necessary for homebrew) should be here any day now. I plan on getting NES, SNES, Genesis and of course PS1 games going on it.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:46 pm

JJJ wrote:I may be able to write something but it depends on the deadline. My pandora battery (necessary for homebrew) should be here any day now. I plan on getting NES, SNES, Genesis and of course PS1 games going on it.


Whenever you can is fine.
I dunno if you have a video camera of any sort, but if you could do a quick run-through, that would be cool as well.
I'm attempting something similar for the DS right now.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:02 pm

Something like this is what I have in mind:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo ... nesds.html
diehllane
32-bit
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:12 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio

by diehllane Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:05 pm

racketboy wrote:Something like this is what I have in mind:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo ... nesds.html


If it's like that, that'd make it about the DS and not the PSP... Pointless, no?
Atari 2600 (AV mod), NES, SNES (region switch for PAL), Virtual Boy, Gamecube, Wii (D2CKey), PSX (Stealth V), PS2 (independence exploit w/ 160 GB HDD), Goldstar 3DO, Philips CD-i, Dreamcast, Saturn (racketboy's chip), Sega Genesis 2 + CD2 + 32X + Power Base Converter, Game Gear.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9486
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:12 pm

diehllane wrote:
racketboy wrote:Something like this is what I have in mind:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo ... nesds.html


If it's like that, that'd make it about the DS and not the PSP... Pointless, no?


I was just giving an example of the format and content.
diehllane
32-bit
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:12 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio

by diehllane Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:13 pm

racketboy wrote:
diehllane wrote:
racketboy wrote:Something like this is what I have in mind:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo ... nesds.html


If it's like that, that'd make it about the DS and not the PSP... Pointless, no?


I was just giving an example of the format and content.


I know. I'm in a sarcastic mood. Working late at night will do that.
Atari 2600 (AV mod), NES, SNES (region switch for PAL), Virtual Boy, Gamecube, Wii (D2CKey), PSX (Stealth V), PS2 (independence exploit w/ 160 GB HDD), Goldstar 3DO, Philips CD-i, Dreamcast, Saturn (racketboy's chip), Sega Genesis 2 + CD2 + 32X + Power Base Converter, Game Gear.
JJJ
24-bit
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:58 pm

by JJJ Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:59 am

I got my PSP loaded with the cfw today. I'm going to try out some emulators tomorrow - NES being one of them.

I can certainly write some text up on the experience assuming all goes well with the install.
Return to Emulation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest