Emu Talk Goes Here
glynnahab
128-bit

Help: DreamSNES

by glynnahab Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:54 pm

Okay, I'm not an idiot - I swear. I just got the Dreamcast in the mail, and I was able to get NesterDC running perfectly. For some reason(s), things haven't gone so smoothly with DreamSNES or any other SNES emulator I've tried. Right now, I'm trying to burn either a CD or an image using BootDreams v1.0.6a. Everything goes well up until the point where I actually try to burn the thing - it is here that I am given an error stating that "data.iso" could not be found.
Do I need to try downloading DreamSNES again from a different location? Or is this software simply incompatible with Vista?
Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My brain hurts...
Dave Auto
16-bit

by Dave Auto Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:28 am

I know this doesn't really solve your problem, but honestly, I wouldn't bother. Every SNES emulator I've tried on Dreamcast has run too slowly to be enjoyable. Sorry, I know that's not particularly helpful :) But your time might be better spent exploring some of the great emulators for Sega Genesis and Neo-Geo instead.
"Oh, no, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression."
vlame
Next-Gen

by vlame Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:32 am

^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
glynnahab
128-bit

by glynnahab Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Wow. Snesorama completely slipped my mind. I'll give it a shot. And I'll also try the Genesis and Neo-Geo emulators soon. Thanks.
glynnahab
128-bit

by glynnahab Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Woo-Hoo!!! I got it!!! Thanks!
RackGaki
128-bit

by RackGaki Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Dave Auto wrote:I know this doesn't really solve your problem, but honestly, I wouldn't bother. Every SNES emulator I've tried on Dreamcast has run too slowly to be enjoyable. Sorry, I know that's not particularly helpful :) But your time might be better spent exploring some of the great emulators for Sega Genesis and Neo-Geo instead.

I was always disappointed to find that no one could get an SNES emulator to run roms at more than 70%-90% speed on the Dreamcast. Fine for Chrono Trigger, bad for Mario All Stars. :(
Return to Emulation