RetroArch - Thoughts About Potential Guide/Article

Emu Talk Goes Here
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Re: RetroArch - Thoughts About Potential Guide/Article

Post by fuctfuct »

racketboy wrote:Nice!
I've never actually used DS emulation before -- how does the touch-elements work on something like this?
Does RetroArch add anything special for the DS vs a traditional PC emulator?

I've never actually used a stand alone DS emulator, so i've no idea what RA adds lol. Other than shaders and achievements :)

I'm using a DualShock 4 and its touch pad works okay for.. touching. I wouldn't want to play a fully touch game with it though. Other than that you can assign an analog stick or use a mouse.

In NSMB when Mario goes underground the DS sometimes switches to the bottom screen. When you click R3 on the dualshock/360/Xbone pad it changes the large screen :P
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

fuctfuct wrote:
racketboy wrote:Nice!
I've never actually used DS emulation before -- how does the touch-elements work on something like this?
Does RetroArch add anything special for the DS vs a traditional PC emulator?

I've never actually used a stand alone DS emulator, so i've no idea what RA adds lol. Other than shaders and achievements :)

I'm using a DualShock 4 and its touch pad works okay for.. touching. I wouldn't want to play a fully touch game with it though. Other than that you can assign an analog stick or use a mouse.

In NSMB when Mario goes underground the DS sometimes switches to the bottom screen. When you click R3 on the dualshock/360/Xbone pad it changes the large screen :P

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing!
I always wondered how emulation would eventually handle the DS ;)
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

The DS4 also works in Cemu (WiiU) for the gyro and touch stuff. I was just testing the bow aiming in BOTW. Works well. But i dont think there will be worthwhile Cemu core for some time. Their Dolphin core still needs a ton of work. Been waiting forever for it to "git gud." I really want to play Cube games at native res with CRT shaders. Right now when i play Cube i upscale it to 1080p/4k and it just looks way too modern. Native res with no shaders looks rough.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Hey Racketboy, I just read the article on the front page. I also shared in on my fb.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/retroarc ... mizability

First of all, Great article. I'm honored you quoted me. By the way, you might want to double-check the link in this quote.

Are you sure that's the correct URL? If not, consider revising the link in your article.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

samsonlonghair wrote:Hey Racketboy, I just read the article on the front page. I also shared in on my fb.

First of all, Great article. I'm honored you quoted me. By the way, you might want to double-check the link in this quote.

Are you sure that's the correct URL? If not, consider revising the link in your article.

Thank you and thank you for noticing the link -- should be fixed now :)
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

racketboy wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:Hey Racketboy, I just read the article on the front page. I also shared in on my fb.

Thank you and thank you for noticing the link -- should be fixed now :)

Works great now.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

This was the first article I contributed to- more to come!
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Great article! Under the best cores, for PS1, mupen64plus is a n64 core.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Anapan wrote:Great article! Under the best cores, for PS1, mupen64plus is a n64 core.

Ha! Thanks for catching that!