Emu Talk Goes Here
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

The End of an Era

by casterofdreams Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:42 pm

My BTS List: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37219
My 8 Gen portables: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41354
My First Guide: Re-Released games w/DLC (this guide needs work. *UPDATED*): viewtopic.php?f=52&t=44588&p=821770#p821770
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: The End of an Era

by Xeogred Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Terrible news. That Frank Cifaldi tweet really sums it up well.

Oh well, something else will more than likely rise from these ashes as it goes with the internet. Sorry Nintendo, this is a battle you will never win (plus weren't they selling us roms on the Wii and Wii U? Hmmmm... not to mention their own emulation was horrible!)
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: The End of an Era

by Tanooki Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:16 am

The whining entitlement of emuparadise taking a dive is pretty bad, and at face value only it has, but if you use their forums, nothing changed so really just them smartly not hosting them on a publicly open website is what went missing. Also kind of amusing blaming Nintendo due to loveroms, I mean I guess you can draw a line between the two but it would be nice to know more instead of just playing around with a jump to conclusions mat.

The blame really Frank covered well in that one set of sentences. No people shouldn't swipe stuff, but given no alternative, that's a good reason why those sites exist and not just for freeloaders to get a ride, but people who really would want to even buy such things but can not.
Return to Emulation