Emu Talk Goes Here
PresidentLeever
128-bit

BlueMSX issue (Psycho World)

by PresidentLeever Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:57 am

I'm trying to run Psycho World HD (english translated version of the game, I'm not sure I can link to its page here) in this emulator but it doesn't boot up. I've tried cartridge insert, the three IDE options for special cartridge insert, and disk insert.

The JP version does work when using disk insert, but it freezes after the first level is finished. Maybe you're supposed to load a cutscene disk or something.

I also found an MIAPPLY english patch, but I'm not sure how to use it.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: BlueMSX issue (Psycho World)

by Sarge Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Oh, I ran into that disc freezing thing as well. I think I might have ejected and reinserted the disc to make it work? It was something weird you have to do, and once you get past it, it isn't an issue anymore.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
PresidentLeever
128-bit

Re: BlueMSX issue (Psycho World)

by PresidentLeever Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Thanks, I fiddled around with it a bit and managed to get it to load the next level so maybe it's solved now.

First there's a warning screen, at which point you should unload the disk and load it in slot b, then unload and load it in slot a again. After that there's a menu that I'm not sure what it's about, but first pick the first option, then the one below "PAC" and it should work.

Edit: One problem solved, I could finish the JP rom.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
Return to Emulation