Can RetroArch Shaders Be Run On Intel HD Graphics?

Emu Talk Goes Here
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Can RetroArch Shaders Be Run On Intel HD Graphics?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Hello. I mainly run crt-easymode on my PC (6600K 1060) when playing NES/SNES/Genesis/GBA. I am thinking about buying a cheap refurb USFF PC for running these on my TV. The cheapest one i can find that isn't a core 2 duo has a Celeron G1610 with "Intel® HD Graphics". The only info available at Intel says Base Frequency 650 MHz Max 1.05 GHz. Is that enough to run easymode?

Thanks

EDIT: I found one with a i5-2500S and Intel® HD Graphics 2000 for a bit cheaper. Same question :P
EDIT2: I found one with a i5-3570S and Intel® HD Graphics 2500 for the same price as the first. Same question :P
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
marurun

Re: Can RetroArch Shaders Be Run On Intel HD Graphics?

Post by marurun »

RetroArch shaders can be run on some IntelHD chips, but anything from the HD3000 series and older won't work with Windows 10, because Intel doesn't officially support Windows 10 and the MS-provided driver doesn't offer some support RetroArch needs. I've tried installing RetroArch on my laptop and it just won't work because of that.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Hmm :/

I see a Win10 Intel driver for the 2500

Edit: does this apply to Win8.1? I tend to use that more than 10. I only have one machine on 10 (old Laptop)
marurun

Post by marurun »

I don't think it applies to 8
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

The 2500 works fine in Windows 10. Official Intel driver and all.

All of the good shaders are pretty slow on anything higher than SNES/GEN though. Still not perfect 60/60 on those two :(. Drops frames here and there. If i disable GPU hard sync it will get a full 60/60 but im not doing that. Guess its crt-hyllian up to SNES/GEN and none for PSX/N64 :(