Raspberry Pi Carts

Emu Talk Goes Here
Kahokian
24-bit

Raspberry Pi Carts

Post by Kahokian »

Can anyone direct me to or refer me to a site that sells pre-loaded custom rasp pi units in nes or snes carts? I have seen a few people do them on various accounts but have yet to get any feed back. I travel for work and I have my Wii which I have modded but I feel space wise and convenience a Pi cart would be way more rad to showcase.
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Raspberry Pi Carts

Post by racketboy »

Like with just the software and then you would load your own ROMs?
Kahokian
24-bit

Post by Kahokian »

Honestly I would like it to just be preloaded with all the roms it can take lol. The entire library of each system the Pi is compatible with. I want to pay for that and the actual hardware to be placed in a NES or SNES cart
Attachments
snes pi.jpg
snes pi.jpg (7.27 KiB) Viewed 4735 times
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Kahokian wrote:Honestly I would like it to just be preloaded with all the roms it can take lol. The entire library of each system the Pi is compatible with. I want to pay for that and the actual hardware to be placed in a NES or SNES cart

Most any place isn't going to sell anything with ROMs, that's a real copyright infringement thing there. The software is enough of a grey area as it is, but copyrighted game code is a big no-no.
Kahokian
24-bit

Post by Kahokian »

Well apparently.... I have seen people who do the work and sell them. This was on instagram I have tried messaging the individuals but it is on a need to know basis I feel. That is why I am asking the forum for guidance my mans.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Because what he said, it's illegal. That's also why you see that on craigslist, instagram, and other public/masked identity type format. You pay a premium, and someone hands it to you in a parking lot and you give them a stack of cash. It's a risk thing because it's not legal.

Seriously though, sounds more like being lazy. It's really not that hard placing a SD card into a computer and just drag and dropping games onto it. The hard part would be setting up the emulator itself to be ready for it or putting the thing together (hardware) in the first place. Just get a premade one and dump your own games.
Kahokian
24-bit

Post by Kahokian »

Hey it's illegal to begin with right? So why not pay someone who is more than willing to do the illegal activity? I just do not understand why you guys are being so taken back by the fact I desire to pay for something I want personalized. I again work on the road. I am a traveling ER nurse. I live minimally and in a tent majority of the time. I am not new to this game of emulation. I am well aware of how to do things myself. But yea I already have 5 messages with people willing to help me out. So I appreciate your cookie cutter replies and overall mockery. This entire forum section is based on "illegal activity." lol
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Kahokian wrote:Hey it's illegal to begin with right? So why not pay someone who is more than willing to do the illegal activity? I just do not understand why you guys are being so taken back by the fact I desire to pay for something I want personalized. I again work on the road. I am a traveling ER nurse. I live minimally and in a tent majority of the time. I am not new to this game of emulation. I am well aware of how to do things myself. But yea I already have 5 messages with people willing to help me out. So I appreciate your cookie cutter replies and overall mockery. This entire forum section is based on "illegal activity." lol

No, emulation is not illegal. If you are not new to emulation you should know it's pretty easy to download every snes/nes game and put it on an SD card. If you have really good internet it'd take you 20 minutes.

https://pie.8bitjunkie.net/shop
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

Kahokian wrote:Hey it's illegal to begin with right? ... This entire forum section is based on "illegal activity." lol

Strictly speaking, emulation isn't illegal, but you are right that it easily gets into gray and even black territory. That said, soliciting for ROMs and such on the forums is considered a no-no. So while we're happy to help and advise you on setting up an emulation box, it's inappropriate to ask for someone to provide you with ROMs. That's the short answer.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

You will have to hunt on Ebay for someone who has built a pi cart and preloaded a card, like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radpberry-pi-ze ... SwN2VZV5XU

You will likely still have to do some work on it. There are plenty of facebook companies that will sell you a retropi machine that is in a standard case with everything preinstalled. But it wont be cool like a NES or SNES cart.