Dingoo Replacement

Emu Talk Goes Here
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Dingoo Replacement

Post by casterofdreams »

Hi everyone.

So I found a Dingoo I bought several years ago. The battery actually still has a charge. I was interested in a new, updated version but looks like nothing is available anymore.

Does the company still exists? Is there a comparable emulation handheld out there?

Thanks in advance.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Dingoo Replacement

Post by Jagosaurus »

I think most have moved on to Android emulators these days.

I'm still considering modding a PSP, but worried about battery life.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: Dingoo Replacement

Post by nightrnr »

I had a few unfortunate accidents with my a320 a few years ago which rendered it inoperable (had a short fall to the ground and made the LCD screen bleed some, then I destroyed a small chip on the motherboard while exploring ways to replace it :cry: ).

Loved the thing for the small amount of time that I had with it.
Goes for way more than it's worth though; as you mentioned, a PSP is a decent (and generally better) emulation choice for much cheaper.
Battery options are a worthy concern. Necessity will one day force me to mod it to accept AAA or AA rechargeables (would be nice if I could somehow get it to charge from the power cord too, but might be asking too much).

Something about the SNES emulator made me really like the dingoo. Played Ogre Battle really well, which is usually a test/benchmark game for me.

Android is probably the way to go these days, but I am ever skeptical of d-pads and button response. PSP is just tried and proven for me.
...just another lost soul...