Kega Fusion VS. ???

Emu Talk Goes Here
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Kega Fusion VS. ???

Post by marlowe221 »

I have used Kega Fusion for my 8/16-bit and 32X emulation needs for many years now.

Should I be using something else? What's the best/most accurate Genesis/MD emulator these days?
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Kega Fusion VS. ???

Post by samsonlonghair »

Howdy Marlowe,

As far as I can tell, you're doing everything exactly right. I have also been using Kega Fusion for years. It's long been the best sega 8-bit and 16-bit emulator on PC. It's a fantastic emulator that doesn't tax your PC much.

But wait a moment... You said most accurate, didn't you? That's a horse of a different color. The most accurate emulator is called Exodus.
http://www.exodusemulator.com/
This is a cycle-accurate emulator for Genesis (analogous to BSNES). The thing about cycle-accurate emulation is that it takes considerably more computer resources.

I still think that the best emulator is Kega Fusion because it runs so well on my old PC, but the most accurate emulator is Exodus...if you have the horsepower to run it.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

samsonlonghair wrote:Howdy Marlowe,

As far as I can tell, you're doing everything exactly right. I have also been using Kega Fusion for years. It's long been the best sega 8-bit and 16-bit emulator on PC. It's a fantastic emulator that doesn't tax your PC much.

But wait a moment... You said most accurate, didn't you? That's a horse of a different color. The most accurate emulator is called Exodus.
http://www.exodusemulator.com/
This is a cycle-accurate emulator for Genesis (analogous to BSNES). The thing about cycle-accurate emulation is that it takes considerably more computer resources.

I still think that the best emulator is Kega Fusion because it runs so well on my old PC, but the most accurate emulator is Exodus...if you have the horsepower to run it.

Thanks!

I've never heard of Exodus but I will definitely check it out!
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Got me too, never heard of exodus and I do keep fusion lying around on here along with a few other emulators that mostly go unused unless a need arises. I do enjoy bsnes/higan as it just nails things down so right.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

KEGA is a beast and since it does so much, I don't see any need to bother with anything else.

Kind of funny I was huge on emulation back in the day, but haven't been that active or caring about it in recent years. Now however I feel like if I get some of those SNES/Genesis styled bluetooth or wired controllers, I might completely change my tune again. :lol:

I can see how BSNES is the authentic package, but I still prefer snes9x myself. I never wanted to let go of ZSNES though haha, but it was time.