Xbox Emulators

Emu Talk Goes Here
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Xbox Emulators

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

So I finally got around to softmodding my Xbox last night, and I was trying to get a MAME emulator installed on there, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. Everything I saw online said I needed to burn the iso to a DVD, but since I don't have any blank DVDs, I was trying to do it with a flash drive (like I did to install the modded dashboard). Is that just not a thing, or am I just an idiot (which is MORE than possible)? Someone smarter than I am, help me out here. :(
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox Emulators

Post by Sarge »

Is that flash drive in the preferred XBOX format? I'm not up on all the file explorers on the original XBOX. I used UnleashX for years, but I didn't have anything formatted to copy anything to the E: partition, which is where you would toss emulators and such.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sarge wrote:Is that flash drive in the preferred XBOX format? I'm not up on all the file explorers on the original XBOX. I used UnleashX for years, but I didn't have anything formatted to copy anything to the E: partition, which is where you would toss emulators and such.

UnleashX is what I'm using, and the flash drive is a 4 GB SanDisk that I had formatted on the Xbox (that's how I got UnleashX on the Xbox in the first place).

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Hmm... you might have to use some software on a PC to "inject" what you want to copy onto the flash drive if it's XBOX-formatted. I remember I used to put small files on there by using an Action Replay and packaging it in a savefile, but there's got to be better ways now.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I've got a program to inject the files. My problem is that the Xbox won't copy them.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Hmm, not sure, then. I'm not sure my hacked-together cable is acting right. :P
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Fortunately I have a MAME emulator on my computer, so this is just for convenience and therefore not a high priority. I'll just wait until I can pick up some blank DVDs. :P

Do you by chance know of a cheat program for the Xbox à la Gecko OS on Wii or the built-in engine in the PSP CFW?

JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I've got a program to inject the files. My problem is that the Xbox won't copy them.

My memory's not so good on this, but years ago when I was into modded Xboxes, I had this issue. I think running a different launcher might help. I don't remember liking UnleashX, so I used others like Avalaunch, and eventually that solved the issue. Of course, it might be the password or the Ethernet cable giving you issues (or worse the Ethernet port can be shot like one of mine were), but if you've ruled those out, maybe try out a different launcher.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Woohoo, I figured it out! I feel like an idiot for not thinking to do this earlier - I just used and Ethernet cord to connect my Xbox and my laptop. I was so hung up on a flash drive or blank DVD that I didn't even think to try that until tonight. :lol:

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

when it doubt, whip it out

the cord i mean