RetroPie 3.7 released

Emu Talk Goes Here
Bucketman73

RetroPie 3.7 released

Post by Bucketman73 »

The latest version RetroPie - the emulation software for the Raspberry Pi has just been released.
--------------------------------------
Regards, Ashley
the curator @
http://www.raspberryretro.com
--------------------------------------
beatnix
64-bit

Re: RetroPie 3.7 released

Post by beatnix »

I'm getting ready to build one of these New Fangled Pi machines. And by ready, I mean, Id like to buy the stuff and build one... how difficult is it for some one with limited technical knowledge when it comes to building any computer stuff?
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

beatnix wrote:I'm getting ready to build one of these New Fangled Pi machines. And by ready, I mean, Id like to buy the stuff and build one... how difficult is it for some one with limited technical knowledge when it comes to building any computer stuff?

Don't quote me, but I don't think there's any hardware building to be had with Pi, unless you want there to be. You can buy the kits predone with everything and just be good to go.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Westane
32-bit

Post by Westane »

KalessinDB wrote:
beatnix wrote:I'm getting ready to build one of these New Fangled Pi machines. And by ready, I mean, Id like to buy the stuff and build one... how difficult is it for some one with limited technical knowledge when it comes to building any computer stuff?

Don't quote me, but I don't think there's any hardware building to be had with Pi, unless you want there to be. You can buy the kits predone with everything and just be good to go.

I'm quoting you on this... then providing a link!

https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberr ... pi+3&psc=1

Buy that and snap it together. It's what I'm using at the moment and it's fantastic!
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Westane wrote:
KalessinDB wrote:Don't quote me, but I don't think there's any hardware building to be had with Pi, unless you want there to be. You can buy the kits predone with everything and just be good to go.

I'm quoting you on this... then providing a link!

https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberr ... pi+3&psc=1

Buy that and snap it together. It's what I'm using at the moment and it's fantastic!

*shakes fist menacingly*

Actually thanks for that... I've been toying with the idea of getting a Pi, not so much for RetroPi (my Ouya does what I need it to for emulation purposes, at least for now) but actually to set up as a VPN. Needed to track down one of those kits.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

maybe build was the wrong word... create one may have been better. I'm fairly unconfident in my computer literacy skills. but I'm going to buy a kit on Amazon and syart digging through the tutorials. I've been led to believe that I should be able to work through it on my own.

here's hoping that's the case!
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

If what you want to use it for is RetroPie, then you'd likely just get the premade SD card image (linked in the instructions) and go from there. I think the hardest thing about it tends to be actually getting ROMs on it, but my friend that uses it said that it's been easier in newer versions due to USB support (earlier ones, per him, you basically had to do the FTP type option).