Chromebook Emulators?

Emu Talk Goes Here
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Chromebook Emulators?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I'm thinking about buying a cheap Cromebook. Are there any decent emulation options for it? Mostly care about NES and to a lesser extent SNES.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: Chromebook Emulators?

Post by KalessinDB »

Is VirtualNES still running? Seems that'd be the easiest option.

I love my Chromebook, but it's definitely a limited use item. Once I got a tablet it's gotten significantly less use, other than as a "laying in bed but can't sleep" browser (prefer the bigger screen and physical keyboard usually, plus I'm a stomach sleeper so it stands up nicely on my bed) for the annoying days I can't get to sleep.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Yea im aware of it limitations. Just wondering as it will be my in bed computer too lol.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Have you looked up much of the detail on ChromeOS? I understand it's Linux based at its core, but since sometime in 2014 they also double layered it having Android capability on there to run that stuff too. I would think depending on things, it could be possible to run whatever Android emulators there are given the hardware is up to snuff, and if said program could run maybe without a touch screen unless Chromebooks have those?

I've never looked into one, tablet and my laptop suit me, but I know that little at least there is the android app possibility there.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

not to go OT, but this is why I purposely seeked out a small gaming laptop. I went w/ an Alienware X11m which has an 11.6" screen. It's nice and small - and although slightly long in the tooth, still plenty competent to play lots of stuff 'on the go.'
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Tanooki wrote:Have you looked up much of the detail on ChromeOS? I understand it's Linux based at its core, but since sometime in 2014 they also double layered it having Android capability on there to run that stuff too. I would think depending on things, it could be possible to run whatever Android emulators there are given the hardware is up to snuff, and if said program could run maybe without a touch screen unless Chromebooks have those?

I've never looked into one, tablet and my laptop suit me, but I know that little at least there is the android app possibility there.

I've only looked into what it's meant to do. It will do everything i want very well. Emulation is an afterthought. Haven't looked into it other than whats available in the google apps. Which isn't promising. So, i thought i'd ask heh :)

I've sen that it can run some Android stuff. Again, Haven't looked to deeply.

noiseredux wrote:not to go OT, but this is why I purposely seeked out a small gaming laptop. I went w/ an Alienware X11m which has an 11.6" screen. It's nice and small - and although slightly long in the tooth, still plenty competent to play lots of stuff 'on the go.'

I've considered a small "real" laptop. But im going for price mainly. Also battery life and no fan are important to me. I only need one for basic tasks. NES emulation would just be a cool bonus.