Seemingly 'dead' PSP with green light on?

Emu Talk Goes Here
BigLou
8-bit

Seemingly 'dead' PSP with green light on?

Post by BigLou »

Hello and thanks in advance. 8)

I enjoyed many hours with this PSP, had great fun, but now she seems to be locked up. :(
A guy I used to know a few years back set this up for me, even got the battery extender cover and all. Never had a single problem with it. I set it down one day and it ended up in a dresser drawer for months. It seemed to accept a charge (orange light is on), but when I try to power it up, the screen remains dark while the green light stays on. I read something about pressing various button combos and taking the battery out, but none of that seemed to do a damned thing.
I know nothing of this sort of tech, so if it is dead/void, so be it; but I just can't imagine why.....was never dropped, never near water, never abused, etc. :?:

I've got five or six other PSPs in various states of disrepair, but this is one that I'd really rather not relegate to the repair bin, sigh.
Oh, it's a silver 3000, if this helps. I think the guy said something about "hard" and "soft" mods in regards to turning the system completely OFF, but I can't remember the specifics.