Can you use a .Sav from the Retron 5 on a PC Emulator

Emu Talk Goes Here
DeadPark
16-bit

Can you use a .Sav from the Retron 5 on a PC Emulator

Post by DeadPark »

i recently bought the retron 5, and i was happy when i saw it made a backup of the .sav battery save file, and that you could copy that to an sd card, and move it to the computer. but when i did that, the .sav file wouldn't work with any of the emulators i have.

more specifically, i'm trying to back up pokemon red/blue/yellow since the internal battery should die soon. i was able to copy the file to the computer, but none of the emulators i have will recognize it. i think part of the problem is that the retron .sav file is only 8kb and all of the emulators make 32kb files. i don't know if there's some conversion i need, or if it's just impossible, but i would appreciate any help.
Visit me at http://www.DeadPark.com. The Many Deaths of a Gamer.
Or follow me on Facebook or Twitter
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Re: Can you use a .Sav from the Retron 5 on a PC Emulator

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Did you try retro arch? The Retron5 uses retro arch code. Try renaming it to .srm and putting it in the retro arch save directory.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
DeadPark
16-bit

Post by DeadPark »

SuperDerpBro wrote:Did you try retro arch? The Retron5 uses retro arch code. Try renaming it to .srm and putting it in the retro arch save directory.

i've never really used retro arch. i'll have to give it another look this weekend. thank you.
Visit me at http://www.DeadPark.com. The Many Deaths of a Gamer.
Or follow me on Facebook or Twitter
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Worth a shot. IIRC there was a tool that converts saves from .sav to something Retroarch can recognize. Been a while but i remember using something to convert VBA-M saves to work with Retroarch. Maybe try that (google) if a simple rename doesn't work.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.