Retroarch 1.2 released

Emu Talk Goes Here
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Retroarch 1.2 released

Post by fastbilly1 »

After last years retron 5 debacle, the libretro team has upped the ante. The new Retroarch addresses alot of complaints from the past. Its leaner, faster, you can cherry pick cores from the program, there are better gui's (one thats prettier and one that is a cross media bar/xmb like), cheats, box art, and a whole host of tweaks and shaders.

Here is a video of someone playing Turtles in Time on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSLOW6X2ueo

I installed it last night and had some issues on install, but the nightly release fixed that. I played through a bit of some Game Gear games and was presently surprised. It ran better than the old retroarch on my laptop, and the shaders I goofed around with were very nice. I did not have a .cht or boxart database to link to it, but I will do that this weekend.
s8n
128-bit

Re: Retroarch 1.2 released

Post by s8n »

nice info billy , unfortunately no WII , PS3 and 360 port out yet but looks promising as other platforms are available and shouldnt be far off.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I should have mentioned that.

PC and Android are out now, everything else is coming out over the next few weeks - sans 360
s8n
128-bit

Post by s8n »

awesome cant wait............
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Seems handy, wonder if Hyperkin will make good use of it again.

Did you hear, they're selling a Retron5 upgrade module later this year to now add game gear support so they'll need a core for that too. :D

I wonder if they tried to do anything to block them going forward.