Is there a wii joystick compatable with emulators?

Emu Talk Goes Here
Dbarrett0928

Is there a wii joystick compatable with emulators?

Post by Dbarrett0928 »

Is there a joystick I can get for wii that is compatable with Mame and gxgeo as well as Cps emulators? If not is there one for game cube or what solutions do I have?
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Re: Is there a wii joystick compatable with emulators?

Post by EllertMichael »

The sticks plug into the Wiimotes and are read by the system as if they're classic controllers. All the emulators I've come across support classic controllers. So, yes.

There's the Wii Hori stick with crappy Hori joystick/buttons that are a pain to swap:

and there's the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom stick with a Sanwa JLF joystick and buttons that are much easier to swap should you wish to:

I have both and I much prefer the TvC stick.
Also, pretty much all emulators support gamecube controllers so that's a route you could go down as well.
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

Yeah get the TvC stick the buttons are parts are easy to swap.
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I have 3 of the Hori sticks and only ran into an issue with FCEultra always reading it as going left. Retroarch however fixed that.

I will say if you need a stick, and you are only going to use it on the Wii/Wiiu, go for the Madcatz Wiiu Tekken Tag 2 stick. It goes on sale for $60ish and is all Sanwa parts. Sadly it does not play well with the CC to USB adapter.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

EllertMichael wrote:and there's the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom stick with a Sanwa JLF joystick and buttons that are much easier to swap should you wish to:

I have both and I much prefer the TvC stick.
Also, pretty much all emulators support gamecube controllers so that's a route you could go down as well.

^This is what I use alongside my Wii Emulators. I have a pair of them so friends can join me in enjoying TMNT Arcade, Metal Slug, Street Fighter, etc. They work great and are very comfortable to use since they plug in to the wireless wiimotes.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |