Emu Talk Goes Here
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Anyone use Mame plus?

Post by fuctfuct »

This..
http://www.emucr.com/2014/05/mame-plus-v0153-r5146.html

not the M+GUI

Why cant it remember a custom rom path!? Every recent version i have tried forgets the path when you restart it.

Also i remember it used a different neogeo BIOS then regular mame. Not going to ask for it here but can anyone give me any tips on what to search for? :)

EDIT: Found the BIOS.

EDIT2: Adding..

rompath roms;G:\Games ROM\ARCADE\MAME 0.153 ROMS

..works. Weird that that's the only way to make it work... in a GUI version of mame.
Nyukki
128-bit

Re: Anyone use Mame plus?

Post by Nyukki »

What's MAME plus again? The link won't open on my phone. Is that the one that plays Zinc games well even on older computers?
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Nyukki wrote:What's MAME plus again? The link won't open on my phone. Is that the one that plays Zinc games well even on older computers?

That one was called Zinc I think. I still find it annoying that the PSX audio driver isn't properly emulated yet.. missing music in some games etc.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Enhanced version of mame. More features. The main ones i use are high score and hq2x (with Real_Scanlines.png).

I have no idea what Zinc games are :P
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Code: Select all

Zinc is an emulator for Sony ZN-1 and ZN-2, Namco System 11/12, and Konami GV/GQ arcade hardware. These systems are all based around the familiar PlayStation game console with varying degrees of modifications. It replaces the old Impact and S11emu emulators, and is available for both Windows and Linux. Windows 2000 and XP are fully supported.Glide renderer for Zinc.The sourcecode for the keyboard driver plugin included with ZiNc. Should help you get going on making new controller plugins.

Though nowadays if you have a multi-core CPU Mame is able to handle these games just fine.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image