Dual Shock 4

Emu Talk Goes Here
eskil
32-bit

Dual Shock 4

Post by eskil »

I use ZSNES on my Mac, and sometimes Project64 as well. I have been looking for a decent PSX emulator, but its almost all SNES.
I've heard the Dual Shock 4 works with Bluetooth, so I may well get one. I am concerned about the D-Pad though, can anyone comment on how well it works? Also, how about the triggers? I've used an X360 controller before and found it was worthless for SNES games.
Opinions?
pvt_awol
64-bit

Re: Dual Shock 4

Post by pvt_awol »

I personally use a 360 controller for emulation, and I like the way it works. I can understand where you're coming from with the d-pad though, but I've just gotten used to it.

Having said that, rather than trying to "force" a Playstation controller to work for what you want, would it just make sense to use a USB to SNES adapter? I dunno, maybe you are looking for a wireless solution?
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

My favorites are USB adapters for good wired controllers. PS2, Saturn, Gamecube (Wavebird), etc.

No experience with Mac, tho I remember having some troubles with the Dualshock 3 on my PC and laptop with the available drivers back then.
A little on the small-ish side, but I like the d-pad on my SteelSeries Free and their driver works on MacOs. It works great on all my systems that support bluetooth. They also have a larger one called the Stratus I've been considering.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
eskil
32-bit

Post by eskil »

I used an SNES controller before and thought it was pretty much perfect. I really do want a wireless one though, and I might at some point try to get some PS1 emulation going, so I'd quite like to have analog sticks.
Thanks for the SteelSeries link. However, the fact that this is more expensive than the shockingly well-received DS4 makes it a no-go.