Emu Talk Goes Here
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Uoforia (Hebereke) NES emulation

by Erik_Twice Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:02 pm

I just tried this game using NEStopia but the rightmost part of the screen is glitched and it's a bit annoying. I've been told other emulators have sounds issues and stuff so I wondered if someone has gotten it worked perfectly on an emulator.

Thanks!
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: Uoforia (Hebereke) NES emulation

by dunpeal2064 Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:05 pm

I haven't tried, but it will take all of 2 minutes to find out. What exactly am I looking for with the sound flaws?
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:08 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:I haven't tried, but it will take all of 2 minutes to find out. What exactly am I looking for with the sound flaws?

As long as it doesn't sound obviously wrong, I'll do fine, it's just something Ive heard. Just see if there are graphical glitches (It should be very obvious)
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Hmm, seems to be working alright in FCE Ultra. I'm using the Wii port of the emulator, not sure if that would cause any difference in compatibility though.

When I scroll the screen, I get a little garbage on the very edge of the screen, but no more than what is normal for NES stuff I'd guess? I don't play too much NES.

Was this what you were experiencing, or did you have garbage on the screen even when still?

Sound seems decent too. A little fuzzy, but again, it seems normal for the system.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:28 pm

That is what I'm experiencing. It's nothing game-breaking but it's a bit annoying. I've never had garbage on the screen with any other NES game so I wanted to check.

There's a video on youtube using an emulator and it has the same issue so who knows what happens. The game has been supposedly released for the virtual shop so I may need to check it there.

Thanks Dunpeal :)
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:31 pm

No problem! It does get a bit irritating, after playing for a bit it did seem worse than what I recall of NES stuff (As I'm sure you've noticed, most of the games I play scroll vertically, so not something I usually have to deal with)

And... what a frustrating game! :lol: Gives me a vibe similar to Whirlo, but I feel even more helpless in this one. I'm digging it, might actually have to play some more of this.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Haha, you think it's frustrating? I'm finding it very fun and charmful compared to the brutal pain of most Sunsoft games. :lol:
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Its definitely charming. Maybe frustrating isn't the right word.

I just usually expect to boot up a platformer, and either jump on or attack everything with little difficulty. Unless I missed something, you just have to avoid everything and plan out your jumps very carefully (which is what made me think of Whirlo, where you pretty much have to have a plan for each section of the game). Especially once you hit the ice floors, where even walking too long will get you killed.

Not a bad thing though, I prefer this kind of platformer. Whirlo is one of my personal favorites.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Ah, I know what the problem is: For some reason you need to push down as you hit an enemy from above to kill him. Otherwise you take damage. But that only seems to apply to the main character, which is weird.
Return to Emulation