Zinc Emulator

Emu Talk Goes Here
arion
Next-Gen

Zinc Emulator

Post by arion »

After reading the thread about why Street Fighter EX is low poly i remembered how i
found out about that part of the Street Fighter series. By trying out the Zinc emultor
which emulates the Zn1 arcade boards.

Why should you get it ?

To emulate Street Fighter EX and EX 2 (Ex 2 has better character models) but not only those but also the awesome Xevious 3D/G also worth a mention is Strider 2. And many more but these are the games i know to work well.

Sounds great so how do i get it

Simple download the emulator and frontend here

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/arcade/zinc.html

I reccomend dafreaks ZincGui you can skip the frontend but bear in mind Zinc is a
command line emulator so for ease of use get the frontend. I never managed to
get joystick support without it for example. Also it lets you customize how you render the roms and lets you change screen resolution without much trouble.

And i am pretty sure you don't need to get the individual plugins they should come with the frontend but just in case there are issues get them too.

So where are all the gaems !!

http://planetemu.net/roms/zinc

Also worth mentioning http://www.planetemu.net is a great site for arcade and console roms. Because it has a simple layout and does not make you wait for downloads or enter some kind of annoying capthca.

They do however delay downloads depending on the size of the rom you downloaded so you might occasionally need to wait for the download button to be active but rarely do you have to wait long.

Also it's in french but really all you need to know is Telecharger means Download.

Anyway hope this sparks an interest in the somewhat unknown Zinc emulator and the best Street Fighter ever made :D
pvt_awol
64-bit

Re: Zinc Emulator

Post by pvt_awol »

Is this emulator necessary? I've been playing those games on MAME for a while now.

Maybe it makes the games 100% or something? (If I recall, the only issue with MAME is some sound glitches)
tintinmayo
24-bit

Post by tintinmayo »

I've been using MAME as well (mainly because I want all of my arcade roms to be accessible via a single program), but Zinc does have a couple of incentives:

- It supports hardware acceleration so it's a good alternative for people who can't run the games through MAME in fullspeed.

- it can use Pete's OGL2 plugin, which means it can increase the internal resolution of the 3D games and add various filters like it does with PS1 games. Technically, MAME has filters as well but Pete's OGL2 has more stuff to fiddle with (MAME doesn't have a Cartoon/Cel-Shaded effect, for instance)
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

I like specific emulators instead of just throwing it all into mame.