Wii doesn't seem to be able to read my external harddrive

Emu Talk Goes Here
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Re: Wii doesn't seem to be able to read my external harddriv

Post by Violent By Design »

fastbilly1 wrote:Is anyone familiar with the conversion from WBFS to Fat32 or NTFS? I have a sizable harddrive with my Wii games on it and I would love to throw all my Gamecube games on it aswell.

I'm almost positive if you do it it will wipe all the data on your harddrive. Maybe there's a way to get beyond that, but you prob have to do some extra jibba jabber.
Dannyslr81
16-bit

Post by Dannyslr81 »

Violent By Design wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:I've actually never tried loading Wii games in Fat32 format. Before I had realized that it was possible, I already had everything set up for WBFS. I wish I had them in FAT32 though, so that I could load GC games from the same drive.

I'm not sure the programs I mentioned would be of any use if your drive is in FAT32, but usually a pc can look into a drive of that format without 3rd party software, right? I know that, when I mod people's Wii, and format their SD Card to FAT32, the comp can read it just fine. So, there could be some corruption going on :(

Yeah, I think I might have to wipe the harddrive clean. Not a big deal, but I did have bout 10 hours on Xenoblade in there.

Why would you lose your save file if your wiping your hard drive?

Wii save files get saved to the system memory(unless you did something to make it redirect it to your hard drive

Also I'm guessing this is a no but are you sure the usb port on the wii isn't dead?
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

Dannyslr81 wrote:
Violent By Design wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:I've actually never tried loading Wii games in Fat32 format. Before I had realized that it was possible, I already had everything set up for WBFS. I wish I had them in FAT32 though, so that I could load GC games from the same drive.

I'm not sure the programs I mentioned would be of any use if your drive is in FAT32, but usually a pc can look into a drive of that format without 3rd party software, right? I know that, when I mod people's Wii, and format their SD Card to FAT32, the comp can read it just fine. So, there could be some corruption going on :(

Yeah, I think I might have to wipe the harddrive clean. Not a big deal, but I did have bout 10 hours on Xenoblade in there.

Why would you lose your save file if your wiping your hard drive?

Wii save files get saved to the system memory(unless you did something to make it redirect it to your hard drive

Also I'm guessing this is a no but are you sure the usb port on the wii isn't dead?

oh yeah, I forgot save files were saved to the Wii.

Yeah, Im pretty sure the Wii usb port isn't dead. I'm having problems accessing the harddrive on my desktop. I might take screen shots for later to give a more clear explanation of my problem.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

Violent By Design wrote: I've always used Configurable USB Loader

Try updating the loader.
I just had to do this to get games to load again.

Go into the Main Menu, click 'Updates' then 'Program Updates.'
The most recent update should be highlighted, just Press A to download and update
Reboot the loader (Press HOME twice).

Hopefully your games will load after that :?