Emu Talk Goes Here
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: Original Xbox Emulation, better than I could ever imagin

by nightrnr Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:09 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:I walked into my friend Kevin's retro video game store today. He showed me that his Original XBOX can play Sega CD games straight off the disk, and they load faster than on the original hardware.

Yeah, but why stress the laser (that will likely die on you before anything else does) when you can just throw it on the HDD?
Novelty aside, I just can't ignore practicality.
...just another lost soul...
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:29 am

nightrnr wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:I walked into my friend Kevin's retro video game store today. He showed me that his Original XBOX can play Sega CD games straight off the disk, and they load faster than on the original hardware.

Yeah, but why stress the laser (that will likely die on you before anything else does) when you can just throw it on the HDD?
Novelty aside, I just can't ignore practicality.

Why use the laser? Kevin used the laser because he runs a retro video game store; he needs to test his Sega CD games before he sells them.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:Why use the laser? Kevin used the laser because he runs a retro video game store; he needs to test his Sega CD games before he sells them.

Now that IS practical. By my same argument, why waste a Sega CD system as a demo unit when you can use an Xbox, which is in much greater supply (and which he'd need for Demo anyways).

So I totally agree there.
But for personal/home gameplay, I see no reason to use the feature (again, other than novelty).
pvt_awol
64-bit

by pvt_awol Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:47 am

+1 for oxbox emulation.

I actually prefer it over the Wii's emulation for speed. The games and menus load much quicker on the oxbox. When you're "cheat running" through an old SNES game with save states, it just get's cumbersome to use the Wii.

The oxbox on the other hand.... magnificent. I currently have 2. LOL. One modded in the living room, and one modded in the bedroom. Would love to get my hands on another. LOL.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 am

You can never have too many modded oXbox's right?

Have a question regarding the 16-bit emulators:

Can you map controller 3 and 4 to act as controller 1 and 2 respectively?
I like to leave ports one and 2 for actual xbox controllers and have standard gamepads (like the Street Fighter pads or a PS2 controller converter) plugged into the other 2. This works well with fighters and arcade collections/ports for actual Xbox games, but I can't find an option for that on the SNES or Genesis emulators...

...which is a shame and inconvenient... but maybe I just don't know how to enable that option?
Return to Emulation