Emu Talk Goes Here
treepop
24-bit
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by treepop Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:well the battery should last at least 10 years, are you seriously going to level for 10 years...


yes....off and on. Show my kids :)

Also. I have the neo myth 3in1, primarily for FM sound on my master system. However, the saves keep whipping. I'm wondering if the everdrive does a better job?
User avatar
Anapan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2875
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:15 am
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by Anapan Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:43 am

treepop wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:well the battery should last at least 10 years, are you seriously going to level for 10 years...


yes....off and on. Show my kids :)

Also. I have the neo myth 3in1, primarily for FM sound on my master system. However, the saves keep whipping. I'm wondering if the everdrive does a better job?


What is a neo myth 3in1, or more specifically, what does it do that's different?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
treepop
24-bit
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by treepop Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:42 am

Anapan wrote:
treepop wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:well the battery should last at least 10 years, are you seriously going to level for 10 years...


yes....off and on. Show my kids :)

Also. I have the neo myth 3in1, primarily for FM sound on my master system. However, the saves keep whipping. I'm wondering if the everdrive does a better job?


What is a neo myth 3in1, or more specifically, what does it do that's different?



This is a new myth: http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php? ... t=3&page=1

And it can do this with your old sega master system games:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I53ogUzx-k

TOTALLY WORTH IT. Especially if you want the quintessential phantasy star 1 experience:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDPvSoiCAWg

you can download the japanese to english version here:http://www.pscave.com/dow/rom/fantranslated.shtml

Basically the japanese port of the game had the fm sound and the english version only had psg sound. So someone translated the japanese version to english so you get the best of both :)
User avatar
Anapan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2875
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:15 am
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by Anapan Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:12 am

Sweet! I'm gonna get one! Thanks for that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
treepop
24-bit
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by treepop Mon May 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Anapan wrote:Sweet! I'm gonna get one! Thanks for that.



No problem. Just use a notepad to mark down which bank you saved your game to.

Does anyone know of carts that save just as easily as the original carts? I just lost my earthbound save and I am super sad...
treepop
24-bit
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by treepop Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 am

Thread has been dead a while. About to buy a new cart, and being able to save in game like I normally would with a real cart and not having to do anything special is a big deal to me. Do both the everdrive and sd2snes offer this?

My ideal situation is:
1.pick my game (FF3 for instance)
2.play my game
3. get to a legit in game save point
4. save my game in the game
5. turn off console
6. sleep
7. wake up choose another game (earthbound)
8.play the game
9. get to a legit in game save point
10. save the game
11. turn off console
12. sleep
13. load first game (ff3)
14. select the save from the menu from where I left off
15. enjoy :)
User avatar
Nyukki
128-bit
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:04 am
Location: Beijing

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by Nyukki Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:24 am

I'm 99.999999% sure both the SD2SNES and Super Everdrive do this.

You could send Krikkz an email, or post in Ziggy's flash cart thread here on RB.
Weekend shmupper
treepop
24-bit
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by treepop Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:33 am

Nyukki wrote:I'm 99.999999% sure both the SD2SNES and Super Everdrive do this.

You could send Krikkz an email, or post in Ziggy's flash cart thread here on RB.


Okay. I bought the sd2snes, since it's the only one in stock. And heck, the added chip support and future proofing is pretty sexy.

I PRAY the saves work like I dream they should
User avatar
Nyukki
128-bit
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:04 am
Location: Beijing

Re: Bought a superufo pro 8 and saving sucks. Alternatives?

by Nyukki Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:49 am

treepop wrote:
Nyukki wrote:I'm 99.999999% sure both the SD2SNES and Super Everdrive do this.

You could send Krikkz an email, or post in Ziggy's flash cart thread here on RB.


Okay. I bought the sd2snes, since it's the only one in stock. And heck, the added chip support and future proofing is pretty sexy.

I PRAY the saves work like I dream they should

Pretty sure the saves work the way you're hoping. They did on my Everdrive N8.
Weekend shmupper
Return to Emulation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests