N64 tutorial

Emu Talk Goes Here
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

N64 tutorial

Post by D.D.D. »

Hey Racket~
Like this PS1 article, http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sony/ps1 ... tings.html ,
I thought it would be a good idea to do one like that as most N64 emulators use plug-ins and I keep hearing people say that N64 emulation is near perfect on PCs... How about it? :wink:
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

I would definatley love to have one.

Would also love to have some tutorials on all the major emulators which explain what all those settings in the options actually do.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
cloudrat7
32-bit

Post by cloudrat7 »

oh i play the n64 emulator on my pc but configuring the controller is such a pain. Definitely one of those what were they thinking moments to whoever invented that horrible n64 controller..
http://www.artwanted.com/cloudrat7
Sega master system, Sega genesis, Sega saturn(mod), Dreamcast, Nes, Super nes, Turbografx-16, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube, X-box 360.
cowgod
16-bit

Post by cowgod »

what is there to configure? i assume you are using a real n64 controller, so what adapter are you using to hook it up to your pc? i ask because i have been wanting to get an n64 controller usb adapter for quite a while. the n64 is my favorite console controller.

and to at least contribute something to the topic... i also would love to see an article on n64 emulation. i use project64 but i have seen a lot of talk about retexturing projects and whatnot but don't have the time to investigate what it takes to get something like zelda ocarina of time up and running with the new beautification mods out there.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Somebody's gonna have to teach me the tricks -- I just have the bare necessities set up to play right now...
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

racketboy wrote:Somebody's gonna have to teach me the tricks -- I just have the bare necessities set up to play right now...

Unfortunately it shant be me... Everytime I've tried to set things up, it's never turned out too well for me. :cry:
cowgod
16-bit

Post by cowgod »

well, maybe i'll just have to make time, step up, and be the hero. :D i must say seeing the screenshots of the retextured zelda is reason enough for me to give it a shot.
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

cowgod wrote:well, maybe i'll just have to make time, step up, and be the hero. :D i must say seeing the screenshots of the retextured zelda is reason enough for me to give it a shot.

Speaking of texture packs: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... ost9175240

Have a look on this thread for some pics of those texture packs in action.

There's also some shots of Goldeneye with the sky box rendered as well.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

kinn wrote:
cowgod wrote:well, maybe i'll just have to make time, step up, and be the hero. :D i must say seeing the screenshots of the retextured zelda is reason enough for me to give it a shot.

Speaking of texture packs: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... ost9175240

Have a look on this thread for some pics of those texture packs in action.

There's also some shots of Goldeneye with the sky box rendered as well.

Ok, now we HAVE to make some guides! (Even if we have to research)
Group project???
cowgod
16-bit

Post by cowgod »

yeah, i think it's a great idea. i'll start googling...