M.A.M.E chd files

Emu Talk Goes Here
cloudrat7
32-bit

M.A.M.E chd files

Post by cloudrat7 »

ok, here's my question regarding mame chd's

I have a p4 dual core processor 2gig ram computer that's maxed out with emulators i can get all my emulators to work from sega saturn and dreamcast to 3do (lol), but for some reason the mame chd games run horrible. even though on the mame list they come up as working.
is there anyway around to getting them to run perfect?
I know it's a shot in the dark considering mame gets udated every month so it's not perfect.
http://www.artwanted.com/cloudrat7
Sega master system, Sega genesis, Sega saturn(mod), Dreamcast, Nes, Super nes, Turbografx-16, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube, X-box 360.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

To my knowledge there are very very few CHD games that run at even close to fullspeed. Even with a modern top of the line system I could not make most of them run even decently. And since my computer was top of the line five years ago...
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Is there a CHD-powered title you're looking for in particular, or is a completist thing? You can usually find console conversions of arcade titles, or even use other emulators when applicable (like the new CPS3 one from Nebula's author)
cowgod
16-bit

Post by cowgod »

unfortunately, sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles in the world of emulation. keep in mind though that they are improving on mame everyday. i know when they first got the chd for killer instinct i tried to play it and it was a total slide show. now i can run it beautifully on a celeron processor with 512 mb ram.
Yackom
32-bit

Post by Yackom »

One of the core principles of MAME is that its emulated correctly... their philosophy is that eventually there will be a computer fast enough to play it. Which is why some other non MAME projects can run various games at full speed, but MAME cant but its likely that when computers are fast enough to emulate something in MAME its going to be truer to the original.

Since CHD games are generally orders of magnitude more complex than the older ones, it might be a while before you can play some fully.