Emu Talk Goes Here
Retrodude
128-bit

Need Help Making Bin/Cue Files

by Retrodude Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:11 pm

I downloaded a complete archive of Turbografx CD games and they're in this weird format where each folder has multiple isos, a cue, a toc file and several mp3s. I can't get them to work in Turboengine and I was hoping someone here could tell me how to convert these to a single iso or bin/cue. Any ideas?
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Need Help Making Bin/Cue Files

by Ziggy587 Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Each game image has multiple ISO files? That's strange, I've never heard of that before.

I remember reading something about the proper way to create an image of TG CD. IIRC, ripping it to an ISO/WAV/CUE is the best possible format for this particular console. Something about the first track always being an audio track. IDK.

If you want to convert it to BIN/CUE, it should be simple enough. Download a virtual drive. There's two free ones that I know of, both of which work fine. Damon Tools Lite or Virtual Clone Drive.

Virtual Clone Drive: http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

If you don't already know, a virtual drive will allow you to mount a disc image (like an ISO or BIN or whatever) and your computer sees it as an actual physical drive. So mount your game image in the virtual drive then use ImgBurn (or whatever) to read the "disc" to a BIN/CUE image. It's pretty straight forward.

Or you may just be able to mount the image and then have your emulator boot that disc drive.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Retrodude
128-bit

by Retrodude Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 pm

I feel stupid. It didn't occur to me until now to try using the cue file to make a cd in Imgburn. When I did that and then booted the cd, the emulator ran it with no problems.

I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm

You were lucky because it can actually be a pain in the ass to burn these files :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Or, like I said, just get a virtual drive. Mount the image (by selecting the CUE) and then boot your virtual drive in the emulator. You don't have to waste a CD that way.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Return to Emulation