Do You Emulate Games On Anything Besides PC/Mac?

Emu Talk Goes Here
racketboy
Site Admin

Do You Emulate Games On Anything Besides PC/Mac?

Post by racketboy »

How often to you run emulators on anything besides a standard desktop/laptop PC or Mac?

I use to quite a bit of emulation on the Dreamcast, but now I have a Media Center PC hooked upto my TV in the living room that I run emulators on via a front-end.

I also have my GP2X, but I haven't touched that in a few months...
Once I get my Flash cart for my DS, I hope to give some a try on there as well.

How 'bout you?
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

Mainly use the media pc as well myself.

Before that I used to use the Xbox as a media centre and emulation. It would run many emulators without problems.

Used the PSP for some Snes and MD action although last time i tried it emulation was still a little choppy on it.

Also had a GBC emulator on a phone of mine. Was perfect for some Tetris DX action on the go.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
kyuu
16-bit

Post by kyuu »

Since Im a Dreamcast Fanboi, Im probably running 90% of all my Emulators on the Dreamcast^^

With N64 Emus being the exception.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

I use dreamcast for nes and atari 2600 emulation and the gamecube for mega drive and snes emulation.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

arion wrote:the gamecube for mega drive and snes emulation.

You have to mod/hack that, right?
SiW
8-bit

Post by SiW »

I've run them on just about everything that can, but honestly I just don't find it worth it, with the exception being some of the emulators for the Xbox.

I do it more for the kicks than to actually seriously play anything, like being able to load up UAE on the PSP. That's kind of magnificent, when you think about it.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

70% xbox
25% PC
5% DC
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

the only emulation other than PC that I really use are some self booting NeoGeo emulated stuff for the DC, DreamSNES is alright too and I have it installed with a lot of games on disc, but it means I kinda have to use the normal DC pad (analogue stick is needed), which is hardly ever connected as I pretty much only use my Agetec stick on the DC, also my PSP is hacked so it will play images of all the PSX games (which I own) also, but I dont know if that counts...
fumanchu
24-bit

Post by fumanchu »

i used to emulate gameboy,gamegear,mame,nes,snes,mastersystem and megadrive on the dreamcast.now ive got an xbox with 40gig hdd,i emulate all those systems and a whole load more.
yesterday i got a hold of a hacked version of neogenesis,which is able to run ultimate mortal kombat trilogy,which is a hacked rom in itself,this rom has 56 characters to choose from its worth checking out. 8)
the legend will never die!
diehllane
32-bit

Post by diehllane »

I emulate pretty much everything on both DC and GC.