Emu Talk Goes Here
IhatedSega
8-bit

Street Fighter EX 3 on PCSX2 XD!!!!!!

by IhatedSega Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:28 am

I just found out my computer can do PS2 emulation pretty well. I downloaded SF EX3 and mannnnn, I need to find out how to do screen shots cause the graphics are kinda buddy, especially the eye lids and it makes everyone have bug eyes, Guile especially looks weird, and the opening video of Ryu and Ken MUST BE SEEN!
pvt_awol
64-bit

Re: Street Fighter EX 3 on PCSX2 XD!!!!!!

by pvt_awol Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm interested to know just what it is you're talking about. Please get some screen shots. I can't quite tell what you mean from your description. Is it glitching?
tintinmayo
24-bit

by tintinmayo Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:44 pm

I tried it myself, I don't see any glitching. Unless his PCSX2 was misconfigured, he was probably referring to the actual art style. The eyes really do look bug eyed, I mean, compared to the 2D SFs and the current gen ones.

screenie:

IhatedSega
8-bit

by IhatedSega Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:27 am

tintinmayo wrote:I tried it myself, I don't see any glitching. Unless his PCSX2 was misconfigured,

Unfortunately, I tried to get screen shots of it, but they werent bug eyed anymore. The eye lid graphics were glitched so you didnt see them, and thus the whole eyeball. They even had lip graphics and at times I could see their mouths and teeth when their mouths were closed.

Sorry, I wrote buddy, i meant buggy. Typo.
tintinmayo
24-bit

by tintinmayo Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:56 am

That sounds like a clamping issue, especially since it's not consistent.

I've got both EE and VU Clamping set to Full and Extra + Preserve Sign so I've never encountered stuff like that. It's useful for collision detection issues and polygons/textures that are out of place (e.g. face turned inside out, people falling through the floor, characters from FFX facing the wrong way, etc.) Try it and if it doesn't slow down emulation too much, you may want to set the clamping to the highest all the time.
Return to Emulation