Best Emulation Device

Emu Talk Goes Here
albfbr

Re: Best Emulation Device

Post by albfbr »

I once had a Xbox for emulators. It was a powerful system for its time and (when I had it) emulators seem more mature agains the ones I found in Wii. But somethings made me sell it quickly:
- Horrible controller. The D-Pad is a nightmare for 2D gamers.
- Enormous thing, and heavy.
- Small library of its own. In comparison with Wii or PS2.
- Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1 wasn't good enough for me.

Had a Wii too. It is indeed really good for retro. Easier to hack and with VC you got a great pack of games running without issues. The GC/Wii library are huge bonus. The classic controller is really good, and with the Wii U launch it should be cheap. When I moved, I got rid of it, but I am trying to get a new one.

I tried the PC but I am not a big fan. I like to play on TV, without much trouble. My PC always ruined my experience, one way or another.
1983parrothead

Post by 1983parrothead »

Modding a handheld or console sounds good, but it will not allow me to move save states around from one device to another, which I am sick and tired of having to start all over on each video game. Same goes for Linux-based handhelds.

And my father thinks that iThic.com is a scam site, but I believe he is incorrect. And on eBay, only ReBirth Editions are available, but in used condition, and he doesn't want me to buy it used. He thinks the Asus 1225B netbook is a better choice. I don't have to carry it around, I can keep it on the charger while I'm in bed.

I'm too lazy to play on the desktop while my father doesn't want me to purchase a game console nor handheld.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Why bother us then? You decided long ago you want to buy a console, even if it's the best device for you or not :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
1983parrothead

Post by 1983parrothead »

Well, because I was needing your support to be more cautious on what I purchase. It's like back when you rent games and if you picked a bad game without knowing it's a bad game, you're done for, unless you used a gaming magazine to inform you on what games to play and what to avoid.

I'll probably get my mother to purchase the Pandora 1Ghz Edition handheld next Christmas or January while combining her money with everyone else's in my family.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone of you for your support.