Emu Talk Goes Here
faceking

Looking for the perfect n64 adapter

by faceking Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:06 pm

I got the mayflash N64 controller adapter for Christmas and was really looking forward to using those classic controllers on my PC. Unfortunately, even after calibration, the second controller port makes the analog stick on any controller I try go wonky.
So I've been looking around for another adapter, but I can't seem to find any other than this mayflash one! I was also hoping to find one with four ports instead of just two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here is a link to the current (and apparently faulty) adapter I'm using. Amazon
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Looking for the perfect n64 adapter

by Anapan Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:25 am

Heh that happened to me too.

Not the prettiest or cheapest one you can get, but I have bought a few BlissBox adapters for different systems and I've found them to work flawlessly. You can have Ulao make you up a custom one to your specifications here:
http://spawnlinux.dyndns.org/Bliss-Box/
You might want to mention you're interested in his 4-player model.

Raphael of Raphnet makes them too - The Blissbox is a modification/enhancement on his early circuits.

The best one ever made was called the Adaptoid. They can even transfer save games back and forth from memory cards inserted in them. The PC emulators were adapted to support their enhanced functionality. Unfortunately the company went out of business a long time ago so they're really expensive now.
I traded mine to Sean for another Blissbox when I found out that none of the emulators had built support for the N64 microphone even tho the Adaptoid has the capability.
Last edited by Anapan on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 am

I've heard retrousb has some high quality stuff. It looks like they only make single port adapters though, so it definitely wouldn't be cheap if you had to buy 4 of them. Apparently the N64 adapters are unavailable at this time though. :(

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.ph ... ucts_id=82
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:51 am

I'd never gotten the RetroUSB N64 adapter, but I have the SNES adapter and it's absolutely great.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Return to Emulation