Rom hacks worth playing?

Emu Talk Goes Here
AppleQueso

Re: Rom hacks worth playing?

Post by AppleQueso »

samsonlonghair wrote:Did Sonic 2 HD ever come out? I haven't heard a word about it in a while. Did the project dry up, or did Sega put the kibosh on it?

There was some weird drama, I remember something about one of the coders sneaking a keylogger into one of the demos, a bunch of other stuff kept happening, last I heard it was canned for good
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Never heard about the keylogger incident. What a waste. That project had a lot of potential.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Super Mario 64 Multiplayer 1.3 is really awesome!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

wow this Mario 3 hack looks incredible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9rIGa9R9bE
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1094/

A level editor for Super Mario 64 DS. (level editors = lots of hacks that will come out)
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

ninjainspandex wrote:wow this Mario 3 hack looks incredible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9rIGa9R9bE

there's even a commercial for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB29ihWXb8A

(which i posted on page 7 of this thread)...
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I've been playing through it for the last couple of days and it's by far the best SMB rom hack I've played. It's just been sitting on my everdrive, so thanks for bumping it.
I hope Krikzz takes a look at Lagrange Point soon - it's on his todo list now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
KoLAddict
24-bit

Post by KoLAddict »

Someone made a Final Fantasy VI Randomizer that's awesome. You download the program and run it, then it'll generate a ROM of the game that's got a bunch of parameters randomized. Sprite colors, their secondary abilities, the spells Espers teach, shops, and chest contents are all randomly generated at the time the program is run. Very cool.
Huge RPG fan.

PSN ID and XBL GamerTag: KoLAddict
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Anapan wrote:I've been playing through it for the last couple of days and it's by far the best SMB rom hack I've played. It's just been sitting on my everdrive, so thanks for bumping it.

Oh, so it works alright on real hardware? Usually hacks that extensive don't work well.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Someone named "the jabu" (who also made the button fix versions of the NES Aladdin pirate game and the Conan game, as well as Super Turrican Plus and a one-controller version of Gyromite) made a hacked version of the NES version of Shinobi called Shinobi Arcade.

It's mainly a graphics and palette hack, making look less like the ugly NES version and more like the arcade version (or as much as possible).

Also there are three versions of the patches. One is Easy, which gives you a bigger life bar. Then there's Normal which gives you the same size health bar as a vanilla copy of the game. Then there's Hard, which ditches a health bar in favor of one-hit kills like in the arcade.