Emu Talk Goes Here
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

any decent master system/ Game gear emulators for psp?

by ninjainspandex Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 pm

tried many different versions of SMS+ but it freezes my psp 3000 whenever i try to choose a game, master boy seems decent except for one flaw that seriously irritates me. the scrolling to chose a game is very slow and it doesnt let you press right or left to skip by page so if you have a large amount of roms it takes a very long time to scroll through the roms.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: any decent master system/ Game gear emulators for psp?

by noiseredux Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 pm

use MasterBoy... emulates GB, GBC, SMS and GG if I recall and all really well.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm

noiseredux wrote:use MasterBoy... emulates GB, GBC, SMS and GG if I recall and all really well.

i am but is there any way to scroll through your rom list any faster? i put every master system and game gear rom ever made and it takes forever to scroll through it all
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

don't remember. Haven't touched PSP stuff in quite a while. But usually pressing left/right will scroll a full screen.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 pm

noiseredux wrote:don't remember. Haven't touched PSP stuff in quite a while. But usually pressing left/right will scroll a full screen.

nope it doesnt i've tried everything was hoping i was just missing something. the version im using is 2.10 is this the latest version?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:04 pm

sorry man, I'm not much help. Like I said, been quite a while since I've even charged my PSP haha.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 pm

noiseredux wrote:sorry man, I'm not much help. Like I said, been quite a while since I've even charged my PSP haha.

HAH after scouring the interwebs i have learned if you hold the R button and then use up and down it speeds it up 10X this rocks!
tintinmayo
24-bit

by tintinmayo Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:32 pm

does masterboy support directories? might be a good idea to separate all the roms into separate directories so that you're not bombarded with a long list everytime you want to choose the game.

I've had the same problem with my DS flashcart, where it takes too long to scroll between games, especially if you're going from Age of Empires to WWE Smackdown vs Raw or something. Even the touchscreen scrollbar is a pain to use. So I just put them in directories based on genre. So instead of one long list with I just have 5 folders that don't need to scroll.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:37 pm

tintinmayo wrote:does masterboy support directories?

Yes, it does.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:55 am

tintinmayo wrote:does masterboy support directories? might be a good idea to separate all the roms into separate directories so that you're not bombarded with a long list everytime you want to choose the game.

I've had the same problem with my DS flashcart, where it takes too long to scroll between games, especially if you're going from Age of Empires to WWE Smackdown vs Raw or something. Even the touchscreen scrollbar is a pain to use. So I just put them in directories based on genre. So instead of one long list with I just have 5 folders that don't need to scroll.

well i split it into two rom folders master system roms and game gear roms, holding R and scrolling lets you scroll fast enough to get to what ever game you want in just seconds even when i have like 500 roms in each folder
Return to Emulation