Emu Talk Goes Here
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

Help with ePSXe games not loading.

by Frag Mortuus Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 am

Hey guys,

I have installed and configured ePSXe v1.8 on my PC. Some games work great and other's wont' run at all. I just get a black screen with the analog button in the top right corner. I understand that it could be the file itself, but it happens on a bunch of games. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it? I really want to play Fear Effect.

Thanks guys!
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Help with ePSXe games not loading.

by noiseredux Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:53 am

maybe you're trying to run games that don't support analog? Try going into the menu and changing the controller to digital.
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

by Frag Mortuus Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:59 am

Hmmm, No go. It does the same thing with the exception of instead of an analog button in the corner it now just displays the old school ps1 controller and says Pad 1. Also, I remembered that I can play Castlevania SotN and Brave Fencer Musashi.

I've tried both Gauntlet Legends and Fear Effect (two different versions of FE) with no luck.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:17 pm

try messing with other graphic plugins and it's configurations. i haven't used epsxe in a long time but i remember some graphics cards had to use different plugins than other cards or you'd get the black screen.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm

http://uplly.com/oegtglksl2fl

I upped the latest PCSX-Reloaded along with pSX and the GSdx plugin. The OpenGL plugins are no longer updated; if all you want is a bit of filtering GSdx should serve you fine.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
tintinmayo
24-bit

by tintinmayo Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:48 am

Are you using the windows or android port?

If you're using the windows port, have you tried checking if your games will run well on epsxe 1.7.0? I recently downloaded 1.8 but went back to 1.7 after finding out that some of my games have bugs/glitches in the newer rev. For example, Championship Motocross 2001 had missing textures (resulting in transparent elbows,etc.). The bug happens on all plugins so it looks like the bug is in the core. When I went back to 1.7 the graphics are perfect once again.
Return to Emulation