Emu Talk Goes Here
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

PSP emulator for Android - PPSSPP

by GSZX1337 Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:04 pm

I was reading my email and noticed a Slashdot headline mentioning a PSP emulator for Android. The name of the emulator is PPSSPP. It is in version 0.2 right now so it's not able to play many games. According to DCEMUuk, there are a number of games that can at least make it to the title screen. Three games are reported as compatible:
Puzzle Bobble Deluxe
Puyo Pop Fever
Pinball Fantasies
From the video it looks like Puzzle Bobble (and presumably the other games) run a bit slowly. This emulator is also available for Windows and BlackBerry 10. This is looking pretty promising.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
tintinmayo
24-bit

Re: PSP emulator for Android - PPSSPP

by tintinmayo Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm

this emulator has improved by leaps and bounds over the past few months.

The latest GIT already allows you to play lots of commercial games, and fast to boot. A 2.0 ghz Core 2 Duo should have no problem playing the well-emulated games fullspeed (and it doesn't even have multi core support yet). The android and iOS ports are slow, as expected. And since emus tend to get slower the more accurate they become, I imagine the mobile ports are only going to get even more unplayable in the future.

The main problems with PPSSPP right now is that there's no FMV, and only a few games have background music. I've been playing a few games that weren't hampered by the lack of FMVs and background music, such as:

Bleach Heat the Soul 7
Tekken Dark Resurrection
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact
X-Men Legends 2 Rise of Apocalypse
Dragonball Evolution

All of the above would be perfect if not for the missing background sounds. The games didn't really have much in the way of FMVs so it's no loss. FF Crisis Core is also playable but the lack of FMVs severely cripple the experience.

The God of War games are playable, but there's a bug in the emulator that results in severe slowdowns even on high end rigs (the dev explained it as every single frame being rendered 8 times instead of once)
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: PSP emulator for Android - PPSSPP

by GSZX1337 Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:01 pm

I've gotten a couple of games to play on my PC using the Windows version of PPSSPP. However, I can't seem to get any games to play on the Android version running on an LG Optimus G. The emu just freezes and eventually crashes. :(
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Return to Emulation