Help with burning DC games/emulators

Emu Talk Goes Here
s8n
128-bit

Re: Help with burning DC games/emulators

Post by s8n »

Discjuggler does a better burn of CDI than Imgburn it has less PI/PE errors...........

And i bought 2 Pioneer burners and they're rubbish so i started learning about burners , not all are equal. With my Pioneer i burnt a DC game at X16 and it would not boot so i got 2 decent burners ( Lite-On iHAS324-B ) and it works at X16.

Basically i used the 2 CD-R's i burnt and ran them through Nero CD-DVD Speed , the Pioneer was a joke and the Liteon was impressive.

Also different burning speeds affect the end burn in terms of PI/PE errors , i went through multiple CD-R's burnt at different speeds and X16 produced the least errors.

In the old days burning at the lowest speed produced best results , the burners now produce better quality burns at higher speeds.

You want to probably get a new burner and Taiyo Yuden CD-R's , checkout Club Myce forums and learn about burning/burners and CD-R's
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

There is a guide to doing this on the front page of Racket. Do a quick search there and you should see it.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Is burning slow really a necessity? I've never had any issues when burning at max speed for PC Engine, DC, and PS2 games.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

ZenErik wrote:Is burning slow really a necessity? I've never had any issues when burning at max speed for PC Engine, DC, and PS2 games.

Burning Crazy Taxi fast compared to slow meant that textures would pop in if I recall.