Emu Talk Goes Here
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: PSP custom firmware - Which is best for emulation?

by pierrot Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Ivo wrote:
pierrot wrote:There's a quick boot for PRO: one-click application puts you right back into CFW.
I keep my PSP in suspend constantly, and I could count the number of times I've used the quick boot on one hand. Also, you have to leave the PSP on dead empty for a fairly significant amount of time before it will actually reboot the system.

I have a slim (2000) and I don't know if my battery is crooked or what (although it lasts for a good while: when freshly charged and I'm playing several hours in a row). I use it more when travelling and I have it on the drawer for a month or more and then turn it on, often it is really empty and even asks me to set the time and date. I try to always turn it off - if I'm putting it on suspend instead it is not intentionally!

Ivo.

Hmmm. maybe not all PSPs are made equal in that sense, but my 3000 probably wouldn't hold it's charge on suspend for too much longer than a month, either. I generally use it just a bit more frequently than that. I've probably only had it do what you mentioned once, though. I guess just to clarify, I can usually get away with not plugging my PSP in for a few days after playing it down to the end of it's charge (grey screen with blinking battery icon) before it shuts down completely

The 1000 is a fatty with a bigger battery, so it might come with it's own quirks with this, I suppose.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 pm

dam, i can't get away with a week with my 1000 on suspend at 100% charged. guess that's what i get for buying a battery/pandora combo off deal extreme.
deathsled
128-bit

by deathsled Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:26 pm

6.60 pro can absolutely be installed as permanent. That's how mine is.
Haoie
128-bit

by Haoie Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:43 am

Waiting for a new big mem card to arrive then will get to installing!

In sleep mode my PSP only uses maybe 4-5% of battery a day. That's pretty impressive!
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Return to Emulation