Emu Talk Goes Here
env963
128-bit

Borderdown Dreamcast

by env963 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:09 am

I have downloaded 2 copies of border down for the dreamcast. What i cant understand is 1 copy is around 500MB, and the other is 428mb (approx) with borderdown and ikaruga on the same disc. How the heck is that possible? Are these guys just compressing the audio to these discs? I didnt play them back and forth to see if i noticed any difference. But if its just audio that's fine. I have a hard time telling the difference between MP3 and CD files. Anyone have any input?
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Borderdown Dreamcast

by Pulsar_t Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 am

Ikaruga's music is not in pre-recorded format, I believe it uses MIDI since the game files are small. There's a DSF spec for such a purpose, and you can even download a rip here. A large number of Dreamcast games use the ADX format, which can be re-sampled that's how the pirate scene operated back in the day to downsize large ISO's to fit 700MB CD's.

If you want the genuine Dreamcast experience get the GDI rips, but since there is no GD-Recordable media for sale you're stuck with an emulator to play those. You can even play the original Naomi games using nullDC, Makaron or Demul http://youtu.be/AQyUl3Efo8E
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Return to Emulation