Emu Talk Goes Here
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

psp custom firmware help

by ninjainspandex Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:57 am

well i have a psp 1000 and i just finally hacked it and installed 6.60 PRO-C now how do i play the ps1 and psp games i already had legally downloaded i get an error that says game could not be started (80010002). is there a way around this?
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Re: psp custom firmware help

by flojocabron Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:37 am

I want to hack mine, but I havent done it yet.

My cousins's is hacked and hes had some games put in it already.

You need to make another folder. One just for PSP games. I forgot what his was named, but he had them in a separate folder on his memory stick.

Now for PS1 games, those can be placed in the games files that come on the memory sticks menu.

I was messing with my cousins PSP and I placed (downloaded) the PS1 game in the file along with the PSP games and nothing came up.

Only when I put it in the other folder is when it came up.

It shows up on the psp screen and it looked suspiciously like a PSN game!

but it worked tho.

The PS1 iso came from THEISOZONE.... so I'm sure you know how to look.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am

ninjainspandex wrote:now how do i play the ps1 and psp games i already had legally downloaded

Just to clarify, you're talking about games downloaded off of PSN?
avrame
128-bit

by avrame Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Opa Opa wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:now how do i play the ps1 and psp games i already had legally downloaded

Just to clarify, you're talking about games downloaded off of PSN?

If this is the case, more than likely your PSP was deactivated from your PSN account, and all your legally downloaded games will no longer work using that system. In order to get around it, you will have to reactivate the system, and this can be done using the PSNLover plugin, and attempting to reactivate the device from the account management settings on the PSN menu.

The system can also be activated on a PS# if hooked up via USB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTZ57KJQAy8
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
alexis524
128-bit

by alexis524 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:37 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:well i have a psp 1000 and i just finally hacked it and installed 6.60 PRO-C now how do i play the ps1 and psp games i already had legally downloaded i get an error that says game could not be started (80010002). is there a way around this?

here is your answer to your error. just follow the link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=psp+error+80010002
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:23 pm

so i decided to just use popstation to make me new games but what do i do about multi disc games?
alexis524
128-bit

by alexis524 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 am

was going to post your answer, but...(whispers softly) please learn to use google

P.S. really not trying to be a douche, really. Just a heads up is all. Most round here are willing to help out fellow racketeer in need, can't say the same though for other forums. It's like the old adage, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." All it takes is typing your question into a search engine and there you go. It takes less time to do that than posting a question and waiting for a reply. In the amount of time it took for the reply, you can find your answer, apply it/troubleshoot and you're done. Plus, it gives you a great feeling of accomplishment knowing you figured it out on your own.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Whatever dude :P rather get straight answer then wade through the cryptic and highly technical guides on the web. Sorry im not as computer savy as you lol
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

alexis is right. Use google, read, and learn.

All new stuff is confusing in the beginning for everyone. Ditto for me when I was looking at the PSP stuff. I took my time, read a bunch of pages and then was able to do it myself.

So go and try it yourself.
alexis524
128-bit

by alexis524 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:36 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:Whatever dude :P rather get straight answer then wade through the cryptic and highly technical guides on the web. Sorry im not as computer savy as you lol

Please don't hide your sarcasm behind whatevers, emoticons, and lol's, just say what you mean. The very least you could do is say "Thank You" for the help given you, but we bypassed that and went straight to another question you could've answered yourself. The research and applying the solution to both your questions requires no special skills, especially since you were "savvy" enough to hack your PSP. If you ask for help, don't be an ass when it's given to you.
Return to Emulation